CCTV - O'Sullivan's Beach Ramp

Hey All,Not sure if anyone has posted this yet but I finally got a reply from the Onkaparinga Council re CCTV Cameras being installed at O'Sullivan's Beach Ramp. Below is what I recieved from the council today by email:Thank you for your email. I wish to inform you that CCTV has been considered at the O'Sullivan's Beach boat ramp and our options regarding this matter investigated. As a result of our investigations a CCTV system will be installed at the site. Staff have engaged a contractor to undertake the installation of the system which is expected to be installed by the end of June 2013. In addition, the upgrade of lighting at the site which is programmed to occur in the 2013/14 financial year is also expected to have a positive impact in reducing criminal activity from occurring. If you require any further information regarding this matter please do not hesitate to contact me on 8384 0666. Regards Roderik Vincent Team Leader Facilities Management & Crime Prevention

I think it is a good thing the council has started to do something to try and stop the vandalism on vehicles and trailers buy installing new lighting and cctv ,the council could have just said nope to expensive for a minority group which we are.But they didnt they sat down looked at the problem and have tried to put in place measures that may not completely stop this problem but at least curb it .To say it is bloody useless just undermines the efforts of all those who got of there arses organized pettions and submitted it to council, who i apluade for there efforts as well as those who took the time to sign it,you will never stop this sort of thing no matter what measures you put in place ,it is the society we live in now but at least now there is more of a deterant.If anything the council should be aplauded for putting these new upgrades in place.

Burnouts are every bit as much vandalism as other anti-Community acts in my opinion.The Police impound cars and expiate people who do this just the same as they do for the vandals who break into cars, no distinction IMO and zero tolerance at all levels :angry:I owned a Boat and launched at Sully's for more than 11 years without a single incident tho this may have been my beat up old sigma and rusty trailer for my 1976 bellboy Barracuda.I shudder to think of a 40 grand Boating outfit with a speccy new car getting damaged :ohmy: Council gets my vote for being pro-active and I have seen many cases where CCTV has caught offenders and in some cases completely eliminated offending over a very short period of time as generally speaking, most of these events are down to one or two bad apples amongst the locals.

Wow, I respect your opinion Tony, but I find it interesting you put someone how spins the odd tyre in a deserted industrial estate or carpark in the same basket as a junky who will break into other peoples cars!!Damage them in the process, stealing personal belongings to flog them off at the local cashies to feed a drug habit!!Il clarify when I say “still am”, these days my cars are highly powerful and built legally, I also have the funds to drive them on racetracks aswell as legally on the streets, so I rarely do anything “dumb” on public roads.But will admit, as a kid, with underpowered cars, would often go down to that actual ramp and use the resident moisture for a bit of fun.No one was ever harmed, no damage was ever done to anything other than our cars and ego’s.I little bit of molten rubber on a road hardly makes a difference when you have 100 Tonne trucks breaking the bitumen on the daily, creating big pot holes that 1000’s of mums and dads have to drive thru in peak hr traffic. Driven down Marion road lately? How safe are all the holes and grooves to drive thru?

I would sooner you spun your wheels at the ramp or an industrial estate rather than the :c who did it up my street the other night ,i think it is the times we live in now no one has any respect for other peoples property ,the courts cant do much for underage offenders apart from a slap on the wrist ,when they catch kids doing graffiti they actually send them out to areas of heavy damage and make them paint it out regardless of the weather with a council officer and police .

I would sooner you spun your wheels at the ramp or an industrial estate rather than the :c who did it up my street the other night ' date='i think it is the times we live in now no one has any respect for other peoples property ,the courts cant do much for underage offenders apart from a slap on the wrist ,when they catch kids doing graffiti they actually send them out to areas of heavy damage and make them paint it out regardless of the weather with a council officer and police .[/quote']Look, I can understand why many in the general public frown upon "hoons",but the reality is that MOST of these guys arnt out to hurt anybody intentionally or steal/destroy others property.Selfish, irresponsible, careless, yes, but IMHO not thieving junky scum.No doubt Tony’s view is shared by many who don’t have an interest in cars. Today tonight and Current affairs like nothing more than showing a thousand drunken and cheering hoons crowded around a VL commo doing a static burnout, but this far from what really happens on the daily.I mean realy, how many guys of your generation grew up in old hotted up holdens and hanging out doing similair things on the semaphore or glenelg esplanade? back when drink driving was nothing to worry about, if you could walk, you could drive, even if you couldnt walk, you had a seat to sit in.The main difference these days is that the young kids have access to faster, cheaper cars and make killing themsleves easier than the days gone by. Not to mention the 24hr media circus and the humble mobile phone camera all feeding our thirst for sensationalism.anyways, off topic and ranting now. great news about CCTV :clap::clap::clap: