bream on blades

vx35 ecogears and strike pros are probably the best quality, long cast, hold rod tip high, do VERY SHORT lifts,, 10 o'clock to 11 o'clock ;) , once you feel the lure vibrate drop it down straight away let it sit on bottom for 2-5 seconds while watching line for flicks(bites) and repeat! long lifts are for mulloway short lifts for bream ;)

Gilbert, blades and vibes are awesome for Bream (and for Redfin in the freshwater), especially in deep water.You do tend to snag up a bit though bouncing them off the bottom, so expect to lose a few.As recommended the Ecogear VX35's are awesome.As you lift you'll feel the thing vibrate. If you feel that vibe you're doing it correctly.In the colder weather (ie: now) the Bream tend to go deep, in holes, channels and around the base of pylons, etc, so blades are perfect for getting right down and just jigging near the bottom.The trick for Bream is to go very SLOWLY, with lots of pauses.If you want any tips or advice on lures and techniques for Bream, sing out and maybe we can get together sometime...it's a big learning curve when you're first starting out, so you'll need to learn a few different lines, knots, techniques, maybe even a whole new outfit specifically suited to the game.

ohkey dohkey,i'll stock up on a couple more blades then and give them a bit more of a try.i was doing what was suggested, but might have been a bit too fast/deliberate with them.caught a few bream on hard bodies recently by being gentle with them (slow-ish).so far it seems like lure fishing is very addictive. :fishing:photo.JPG

Loving my bream fishing again lately. Find using blades just costs a lot of money in lost tackle. They will work nicely by im just too spaz an too poor. Plastics do a very good job and can be fished just as deep if the current is friendly. I fished a heap of structure around a storm drain in the port a few weeks back and caught a heap of bream on vibes lost 3 lures in an hour though and tied on a hook and some pilchard lol

I wouldn't be locking myself into any one technique. Try shorter pauses and longer rips on the blades too. In my experience they work both ways and the same can be applied to fishing plastics and hard bodies. Sometimes the lure needs to be worked faster to impart any action on it and make it look as though it's real. Alot of vibrating action or movement in general can induce the re-action bites you want and I think that sometimes going too slow will only make them think twice about whether or not they want to eat your lure. Of course slow with lots of pauses will work also but mix it up to find what works on different days.