Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has any of these rods.I know a few mates who might be interested in fishing but aren't too sure as of yet so I bought a few of these rods to give them a try (I already have top range rods and reels so not looking for anything permenant, understand the whole you get what you pay for thing) and I've taken them out the back with my symetre on it and loaded it up and they seem to handle it quite well, have a decent curve in them. Had the drag locked (I think the drag maxes at 7kg on a 4000fj doesn't it?) and seemed to take it quite well. even tried a few quick jerks to imitate a fish trying to turn its head/hitting the line e.t.c and it handled it all alot better then my expectations.I bought 2 10kg rods (paid $1 for the rod and $15 for postage. gotta love auctions that are about to end)and 2 15kg rods (paid $8 for the rods and $15 for postage) so they're performing well above expectations so far. I've tried googling information about them but most people seem to be talking about the melaluka reels which are understandably terrible.Anyone given these a try before? I'm going to give them a shot on some snapper once I get the boat up and running and once summer hits I'm gonna test my luck against a kingfish

@bent87Is that one of the rollered ones? I was having a look at some of those just then and they don't look too bad. I know a spot to land some very large rays down here (pb at the spot is an 80kg smooth ray so far) and was thinking about getting one and giving it a serious work out. I've hooked an estimated 50kg+ eagle down there as well, spooled me with 400yards of 40lb braid running about 5kg drag in one run. Definitely an eagle though, no head shakes/tail beating and the run was far too fast to call it for a smoothy.@auseaYeah I'm actually surprised with these rods so far, The few reviews I did find online said when some people got their rods the tips came off when they removed it from the packaging so I didn't have any high hopes for them, far exceeded my expectations though.The tips coming off could just be the glue melting from transport or something@aleDid it get wet at all? any salt spray?How long did it take for the corrosion too appear?Oh, I also found this when I was looking through their ebay auctionshttp://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-Melaluka-Fishing-Line-Spooler-Spin-or-Overhead-Use-/400272272268?pt=AU_Sport_Fishing_Tackle&hash=item5d32162b8c&_uhb=1Actually looks like a lot better idea. I bought some power pro braid and spooled up my pflueger a few weeks back and the spooling system that comes with the packet of the braid isn't bad but I found I had to put it between my knees then hook the line onto a door handle in order for it to spool on there nicely.That system they've made looks alot more simple, spools kept right above the reel and you can tighten the spool from something on the side I'd assume a bolt sort of setting or something like that

@aleDid it get wet at all? any salt spray?How long did it take for the corrosion too appear?

nah, took it out on my last boat which was a 13ftr so therefore fine weatehr only.I better ebay rod is the Sambo elite brand.I have a 24kg stroker and still looks the same as the day I paid $16 for it. Never caught a fish on it, but a mate has the same rod and he did a greenly charter with it where it performed faultlessly. Ive also witnessed him skull drag 20kg BFT with it

the broomsticks make excellent stingray rods. load up with an 8000 spin reel and 50lb braid and watch the rod bend.

Butterworth I had was amazing on the smoothie, Can't wait for the weather to warm up and get back out there for an eagle of similar size. The smooth ray I caught is the one in my avatar.ended up measuring 6'1" with a 4'8" wing spanthe height of the backbone was a solid 14" depthseen some cracking photos of some large eagles around on the siteThe gaff infront of the ray in the photo is roughly 5'1" in length