South Australian Fishing & Lifestyle Party

Neil Armstrong At the last State Election these were the results in the upper house Liberal Party 376,028Australian Labor Party 356,548The Greens 63,461Family First Party 42,003Dignity for Disability 11,373Save RAH Party 9,236Australian Democrats 8,644Gamers 4 Croydon 7,934Democratic Labor Party of Australia 7,858Shooters Party 7,601Independent SA Fishing & Lifestyle 6,973Almost 7000 votes and the SAFLP were virtually unknown then. We are an officially registered Political Party now and plenty of people now know who we are. Dignity for Disability got the last seat in the Upper House with 11,373 votes and preferences. With every Fisher (Rec and Commercial) on board we could achieve 2 seats in the upper house. I find it amazing that so many people don't share our vision. This is possibly the last real chance to change this Marine Parks/Sanctuary Zones fraud from being inflicted on South Australians.

ill stick to the non synonyms :lol: i even looked up the meaning,dont upset this fellow now,he might get offended,after all he didnt get his window seat in business class and has to sit in the aisle row with the mrs and kid and not see the real point. :c em a facts a fact and the size of their genitalia has nothing to do with it,serve ya bastards thats what your paid for!ad·vo·cate (dv-kt)tr.v. ad·vo·cat·ed, ad·vo·cat·ing, ad·vo·catesTo speak, plead, or argue in favor of.ps to my prospective employer i am free to contradict these terms at anytime

I find it amazing that so many people don't share our vision.

Ya reckon? Never heard of you before.I'm pretty sure the Taliban are "amazed" that so many people don't share their vision either.Tell me everything that you stand for and I might consider voting for you.Until then be absolutely "amazed" that I reckon you are an arrogant fool for saying that you are "amazed" for me not knowing WTF your vision is.
At the last State Election these were the results in the upper house Liberal Party 376' date='028Australian Labor Party 356,548The Greens 63,461Family First Party 42,003Dignity for Disability 11,373Save RAH Party 9,236Australian Democrats 8,644Gamers 4 Croydon 7,934Democratic Labor Party of Australia 7,858Shooters Party 7,601Independent SA Fishing & Lifestyle 6,973Almost 7000 votes and the SAFLP were virtually unknown then. We are an officially registered Political Party now and plenty of people now know who we are. Dignity for Disability got the last seat in the Upper House with 11,373 votes and preferences. [/quote']Here's an interesting thought!The Shooters Party is currently going through a name change to become Shooters & Fishers SA: http://www.strikehook.com/forum/3-industry-news/255078-fishers-shooters-party-sa-urgent-meetingImagine for a moment that the Independent SA Fishing & Lifestyle and the Shooters Parties actually combined forces to amalgamate under a common banner.14,574 votes! Greater than the Dignity for Disability 11,373, and a seat in the upper house for the fishers and shooters!Food for serious thought gentlemen!
Imagine for a moment that the Independent SA Fishing & Lifestyle and Shooters Party combined forces to amalgamate under a common banner.14' date='574 votes! Greater than the Dignity for Disability 11,373, and a seat in the upper house for fishers and shooters!Food for thought![/quote']I agree with the sentiment but one of the hopefuls would have to bow out. I see a lot of self interest in these small parties.

I agree with the sentiment but one of the hopefuls would have to bow out. I see a lot of self interest in these small parties.

And that would well be the problem to overcome!Are we seeing just another potential candidate seeking self interest, or someone putting their own interests aside, and actually out campaigning for the common good? :unsure:

The South Australian Fishing and Life Style Party has been going for a few years. There is no self interest as far running an Political party goes. There has been a lot of time and our own money gone into setting up this party. if you are interested then have a look into our website . there you will find our policy statement and also some links to other sites http://www.saflp.com/mission.html And if Knackers thinks I am an arrogant fool. you might have to have a look at yourself and what you stand for with comments like that you might find yourself on the outer when the time comes and they implement all the sanctuary zones around our state. as for myself all I have ever done is, be helpful to all as you might like to see in other pages of this forum where I have helped and given advice. It is comments like that , that will turn me and others off .

Carl,I think Ranger has a massive point here.Why divide fishing votes and remain at the bottom of the list you put up.The greens dont have 'light green' and 'dark green' parties competing for votes.Based on those stats you put up it may be best to merge and achieve a seat?Thanks for helping others on here in any case.

My post was not intended as an attack on anyone, a question on self-interest, or to stir trouble.I simply see two small single platform parties, with similar aims and goals, both struggling to gain numbers.The SAFLP is seeking that we join them to provide numbers and support, while the SP is currently also facing a number crisis in attempting to be renamed to include fishers (from the Shooters Party to the Shooters & Fishers Party).I saw it as only logical that these two minor parties consider an amicable meet for discussion, as to mutual gain, especially given that the SP is currently in the process of organising a recruitment meeting here in Adelaide.............have the parties ever made an approach to discuss mutual benefit, similar goals, or even a combined voice at the polls?Wouldn't both parties benefit from shared co-operation? The shooters party has been around a lot longer, with the strength of interstate compatriots and political experience, the SAFLP may have a closer finger to the pulse in regards to local issues.As a fisher (and a shooter myself) the big question for me, is do I throw my own support to the Shooters & Fishers, or to the SA Fishing & Lifestyle?..........after all, I do have to make a decision come time to cast my vote, and I currently see two parties fighting for the same purpose, and both struggling with numbers.Which of the two will provide greater benefit, which of the two has a greater chance at gaining a seat, are they currently depriving each other of numbers, will this split path see failure for both, is there a better way? Geez, on that note would they also benefit from discussions with other "libertarian" groups/parties (Liberal Democratic Party, Australian Sex Party, Australian Libertarian Society, etc)?I'm just looking at the picture as an outsider, and an outsider with a vote to cast. Now I've never been a big fan of single platform parties. In the past I've always considered education, employment, infrastructure, healthcare, etc, to take presidence over any of the single issue parties, hence my vote has always gone towards a major party based on their current policies.Yet I currently have shooters telling me I MUST become a member of the Shooting Party to provide strength and support.I currently have the fishers telling me I MUST become a member of the Fishers Party to provide strength and support.I currently have big concerns over shooting related issues, government restrictions, overbearing legislation, and the way legal licensed shooters are being portrayed and condemned in this country. I currently also have big concerns about fishing related issues, the marine parks, and management of our resources.So what do I do?1) Decide my shooting is currently at greater threat and requires representation2) Decide the marine park fiasco needs to take presidence over my shooting concerns3) Toss a coin4) Vote for the one who will represent both shooters and fishers 5) Decide neither party have the numbers to make any difference, so again vote for one of the major parties insteadI gotta say, at the moment I'm preferring a party which will represent both fishing and shooting, but with numbers being so poor (for both parties), I recon I'll probably end up again voting for one of the big two instead.......I'd like to see that change, so that a preferred party at least stands a fighting chance where my vote would actually be worthwhile if thrown to them, rather than wasted.I currently see Labor too busy infighting to worry about governing.I currently see Abbott hiding behind a no policy policy, instead directing all his efforts to tell us how bad the other party is.I currently see the Greens living in fairyland.I currently see SAFLP & SP both asking for my membership money, vying for the same vote, but neither telling me exactly what they intend to do if given the chance.At the moment no party has won me over, yet I have excluded no party (well, except for the greens).Whatever your party, whatever your platform, I wanna see names, I wanna see numbers, I want you to explain EXACTLY what your policies are, EXACTLY what it is you intend to do, EXACTLY how you intend to go about it, and EXACTLY what is your vision for the future. I want this up front, and I want this without having to pay to join any party first.As a voter you get elected to represent ME.....I'm a voter, not a puppet, nor a charitable contributor/funder.I wanna vote with my head, not my heart, and I want my vote to make a difference..........convince me!

if you are interested then have a look into our website . there you will find our policy statement and also some links to other sites http://www.saflp.com/mission.html And if Knackers thinks I am an arrogant fool. you might have to have a look at yourself and what you stand for with comments like that you might find yourself on the outer when the time comes and they implement all the sanctuary zones around our state.

I have checked your website and it contains NO policy at ALL. It is a mission statement. It states WHAT you want to do not HOW you intend to do it. You could probably include the website address in your sig line to help direct people to it.I do not doubt your sincerity or effort and I have subsequently downgraded my opinion of you on this issue from arrogant to naive.If your party is serious you should expand your mission statement. Here is an exampleTo promote the sustainable use of the environment for the recreational and fishing pursuits of the public We will do this by:Establishing a statutory body to soley focus on developing policy' date=' laws and regulations for recreational fishers. This body will be solely funded by the introduction of a Recreational Fishing Licence and the sale of SAFLP T-Shirts.Introduce compulsory education on size and bag limits in SA primary schools.Establish a Mulloway, Kingfish and Bluefin Tuna restocking programme. Fish stocking locations will be known only to Knackers and will be released to individuals (mates) on his authority.Re-introduce the death penalty for individuals in possession of iFish branded fishing tackle.Imposing worlds best practice on waste and storm water remediation.Rehabilitate Gulf St Vincent Sea Grasses.Stop any Victorians with fishing tackle in their possession crossing the state border. A processing center will be set up in Naura to re-educate offenders.[/color']So if you let me know what you want to do, how you will do it and more importantly how you will fund it then I might consider your party seriously. And who is standing for you? Is there a biography? Skills etc etc.

I am amazed at the pathetic, suspicious attitude of some people on this site. A few points you might want to consider.I was the candidate for the SAFLP at the last election. You reckon I did it for power, glory and self interest. Bullshit, I knew there was very little chance of getting in but gave it a go anyway. If anyone here wants to run for parliament for the SAFLP at the next election, join the Party and put your name forward. We are a properly constituted Party.I also stood for the previous State election for rec fishers and for the Senate in the 2007 Federal Election for the Australian Fishing & Lifestyle Party.This was long before many of you even knew about Marine Parks/Sanctuary Zones.The Shooters party were given my preferences at the previous 2 State elections and probably will get them again at the next state election. It is a pity they have never reciprocated because if we preferenced each other then one of us might get in and be able to advocate for the other.Also,I don't have an ego to polish or need a career (I'm 62) I do it to send a signal to both major Parties and the lifestyle destroying Greens that Fishers have had enough of this Marine Parks "FRAUD".Fishers must realise that Politicians will never take any notice of you unless you threaten their existence. ie You have to play their game. VOTES.As far as the Shooters Party goes, they really do not completely represent Fishers and many fishers really don't want a close association with hunting/shooting. But having two Parties that can advocate for one another is a great idea.With regard to our mission statement and policies, check out the website www.saflp.com it's all there and like us on Facebook and we might be able to spread the word actually achieve something.Let's cut the negativity and all pull together in the same direction.

With regard to policy etc. The SAFLP is basically a single platform party although we would advocate for all lifestyle groups including Shooting, 4WD groups etc.We don't need to bother people with a massive portfolio of policies as we don't anticipate Governing in our own right. We would be there to lobby the Govt. of the day and influence their policies with regard to the interests of our voters.

I am amazed at the pathetic' date=' suspicious attitude of some people on this site. [/quote']I just have a healthy distrust of (potential) politicians.And I still don't even know from info on your website if you are contesting state or federal, upper or lower house seats. I'm just guessing a senate seat in SA.Referring people continually back to your website just doesn't cut it. I have said "then I might consider your party seriously."I vote below the line always as I am a hunter, shooter and fisherman. I do appreciate your and Carl's efforts. You may think of me as pathetic, but I at least try to be an informed voter. And FFS, its the internet and as an or was aspiring politician you would think your skin would be a bit thicker :huh:

At this stage the SAFLP will be nominating 2 candidates for the Legislative Council (Upper House) at the next (March 2014) State Election.I can assure you the candidates will be thick skinned fishos, passionate about our policy goal.Our overriding policy goal is below.The South Australian Fishing & Lifestyle Party are totally opposed to the introduction of the “new” marine parks and their associated sanctuary zones, and will do everything in our power to have this legislation repealed. Failing this, we will do everything in our power to have the sanctuary zones that restrict entry, reduced in number and size.For more up to date information look us up on Facebook.With the limited volunteers & resources we have it is easier to convey our message there. Our website is a point of first contact and it is costly to constantly update it.We don't mind if you vote for the Shooters Party or the SAFLP (we will probably preference them anyway) so long as you at least send a message to the of the large parties.

I think if i were to support anyone i'd like to see what they look like first
I recently expressed similar myself:
I believe many others in our demographic group would also benefit from further background on what can be considered a relatively new political party claiming to represent the voice of the fisher and the outdoorsman....if you claim to represent me and expect my support' date=' I need to know who you are, what you are, and where you are headed, on a more broad scale..... [/quote']I have also been searching for further information.Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Fishing_and_Lifestyle_Party
The Australian Fishing and Lifestyle Party (AFLP) is a minor Australian political party, formed in 2006 from the Queensland branch of the Fishing Party and federally registered in 2007. It opposes any bans on recreational fishing, the use of four-wheel drives, horse riding, trail bikes, camping and kayaking, and generally opposes conservation measures which it sees as threatening to recreation. The party's website indicates particular opposition to the Greens.[1] It contested the Senate in the 2007 election in Queensland and South Australia, and on a joint ticket with the Shooters Party in New South Wales.
The two candidates at the last election were Neil Armstrong and Paul Tippet, I too am interested to know a little more background as to potential candidates representing the interests of fishermen.I don't access facebook, so I am unaware as to any further information in regards to candidates which may be posted there.

Bio for Neil Armstrong, Born Ashford Hospital Adelaide South Australia 1951Grew up in Clovelly Park, a southern suburb of AdelaideMoved to Papua New Guinea at 14 for just over one year. (Dad had a temporary transfer) Returned from PNG at 15, completed secondary education at Marion High School.Work historyStarted work at “Marion Hardware” store at 17Managed seven days a week hardware store “O’halloran Hill Paint & Hardware” at 19Sales rep/merchandiser for various companies for several yearsA two-year stint with the Australian Bureau of StatisticsVarious foodservice sales positions for Unilever Pty Ltd (from sales rep to account manager), for 13 years.Various other sales positions from sales rep to merchandiser for 11 years and currently part time sales representative selling South Australian olive oil to cafes, hotels, etc.Community involvementPlayed football (Aussie rules) from 8 till 24years old. Edwardstown f/c & Mitchell Park f/c.Also played competitive volleyball 5 yearsCoached primary school football 4 yearsInvolved in surf lifesaving with Port Noarlunga Surf Lifesaving Club, for 9 years. (Coaching, junior chairman, committee person junior and senior, house manager/licensee; won clubman of the year and best patrol awards.)InterestsShooting/hunting, till the gov’t made it almost impossible.Fishing, jetty, beach, boat and rock from age 7. I have fished most areas of the state and own a near new Stacer Northern Fisher 16-foot centre console aluminium boat. Obtaining a fair go for fishersGardening and the Outdoors Marital statusMarried 41 years, two sons, 41 & 37, two grandsons 11 & 18 months and one newborn granddaughter.OtherStood for Upper House (Legislative Council) in last two state elections 2005 & 2009. On behalf of Rec Fishers.Stood for Senate in Federal Election as lead candidate in SA for The Australian Fishing and Lifestyle Party 2007

NewPicture.png

• 7 months later...

Nice thread people, lots of thought provoking discussion. :clap: As a below the line voter these are the sort of issues I strugle with every election. :blink:Why the two similar parties (Shooting Party, and the Fishers Party) don't seem to want to directly preference each other at least I don't know. :P . So I will do it for them by way of my first preferences and if enough others do the same, maybe one party will get a seat and then based on their performance we can all draw conclusions on their worth. :dry: Had some difficulty finding the how to vote cards for the SA 2014 election, no obvious link at the AEC :angry: so heres the link- http://www.ecsa.sa.gov.au/voting/voting-at-the-state-election/how-to-vote-cards if people want to look B)

"Why the two similar parties (Shooting Party, and the Fishers Party) don't seem to want to directly preference each other at least I don't know"The South Australian Fishing & Lifestyle Party made the offer but it was declined for strategic reasons.By all means vote below the line and preference S & F or SAFLP 1 & 2 whichever you prefer.