Salmon at semaphore jetty (VIDEO)

Well done Alex, luv the video and your enthusiasm for fishing :woohoo: :clap: If you are going to eat the Mullet and STs, IMHO, it's better to dispatch and bleed them ASAP after capture. If you can fit a couple of ice blocks in your bucket that will help too! ;) Look forward to the next edition of Alexsfishin. :)

good vid alex.when's your next vid?I was there this weekend, Saturday & sunday arvo'sthe salmon were going crazy.In just over 1 hr I had caught my limit on Saturday, and they were all over 30cm, with many almost 35cm. it was good fun on light tackle. never seen it quite like that, but I rarely get to the jetties much.was using hard body lures.they'll be tea for the parent this week. :fishing:

try some 40mm (or there abouts) mid depth diving minnows or similar, with a medium speed retrieval.if they bite but not hook up, let it sit for 1 second, and start again.but this may not work out every day.so far i've had god success with orange sides and a dark top, or a pale clear side with a green top colour range.the strike pro bream tour 4gram hard bodies seem ok.make sure they have good trebles.one fish bent a hook, another fish bent another hook (on a cheap lure).the lure colour was perfect, but it had cheap trebles.the only problem with the 40mm hardbodies is that the fish occasionally shook them selves off due to the small trebles with small barbs.cast with the wind though as the small hard bodies go further out. :fishing: