rod reel and line advice

Hey mate, With Flyfishing you will need a proper fly rod designed to cast flyline, you will need a fly reel and also some flyline to get started. When getting started in flyfishing it can be quite daunting but don't let that put you off, flyfishing is a really fun and rewarding way to fish, and you can target anything on it. I take my flyrod with me whenever I go fishing. If you need any help with getting started feel free to chuck me a PM.Cheers RF.

hey mate,Im pretty sure the weight has to do with the weight of the first 12 or 15 metres of line. (eg 160 grams might be a 7 weight or something)What i do know is the choice of line, rod and reel weight isnt much to do with target species, more, the size of flies used, thus if you were targeting carp, choose a rod that best suits the actual flies you will use. NickD :fishing:

They're selling complete starter fly fishing kits, line, rod and reel for @90 bucks at Beach Road tackle shop, was in there today (13/7/2013).And yes, you can fish a team of wet flies attached to a bubble float half filled with water to give it a long cast. This method was so effective in the UK that some waters have banned it :ohmy: If you still have an interest in getting into this fascinating branch of fishing strikehook has a whole Board on fly fishing full of great pics and advice?Cheers, tonyb

And yes' date=' you can fish a team of wet flies attached to a bubble float half filled with water to give it a long cast. This method was so effective in the UK that some waters have banned it :ohmy: Cheers, tonyb[/quote']Thanx i found that out on google last night and i found a few in the bottom of my tackle box and had a look and they look good. :) Thanx everyone for the advice.