g'day everyone, since its freezing and blowing a gale outside and I cant go fishing I thought id ask if anyone on here knows any beaches in South Aus that hold beach worms? they are a gun bait interstate but I have no idea where to get them here?Any info would be appreciated, cheers :)

if your south of metro try moana, to the right of the life saving club down towards the rocks or aldinga / sellicks, usually bigger worms but patchy ! i use cows liver but bag of fish frames works just as well.Must admit i havent done a lot of worming in the colder months but im guessing theyre still available?

Hi Dylbaa,I frequent waits n parsons salt creek, even tried wallaroo for worms a few years back when the kids were younger etc and have never seen them? possibly they may be there but it must be the coarseness of the sand as the beaches that i know hold them are mostly a finer compacted type of sand, but damn theyre a fine bait for most everything from brim to jewies they all love them, and catching them is half the fun beats paying 8>10 dollars for one bloody worm these days.happy worm hunting if you ever try at moana let me know ill join ya

Hey Dylbaa, good luck chasing beach worms mate, it can be very rewarding at times, and frustrating at others.I have only tried it a few times so far but have had success at beaches like Tennyson through to Largs Bay.Tried it down the Coorong with same technique and couldn't get any.Just fish frames in an old stocking works for me.Hope this helps,Steve

Probably not fishnet stockings, just normal everyday stockings so you can break up the fish pieces and get more of a scent trail happening. The worms grab on, sometimes getting caught up in the fine mesh stocking, making them a little easier to get hold of.Good luck,Steve