• 2 weeks later...

This make me sick too, we need to name and shame these people. If you see anyone around those spots using big gear just start up a chat. Just ask what bait, tackle, when and where they fish ect (act like a novice) Then ask if they have caught anything of late, where and what area. In my opinion if they are stupid enough to do something like that, they would probably say they got on to a beast and what a fight they had the other day and such a spot. Take there number plate if possible and report them. If we don't do anything nobody will and people like that give land based game fishing a bad rep. On the other side of the coin think of how many walkers, locals and business could have complained to the council, fisheries, rec fish ect

Dont know why people do this ,i practice catch and eat,if it aint no good for the table away it goes ,last year i hooked one of these flying carpets on my snapper line got it boatside realized what it was and cut it loose .I suppose it is the hero syndrome catch it take a photo by this time the creature is dead leave it there "not my problem" ,be vidulant people dickheads who do this only make it more easy to bring in restricted areas for fishing.

1 of the many reasons I only see garden island as i drive past in the boat after launching at snowdens. Way to many people who frequent the area have no respect even for themselves. Im sure these were caught by an expert mully fisherman who calls them pests, if the unlucky rays had gotten off whats the bet tales of lost 50lb'ers circled the group of morons.

This is the reason people have to be real careful posting on forums, writing articles in mags like sa angler,sa fishing ect, and telling people that work in tackleshops.The unfortunate reality is in doing this all you achieve is giving the small % good guys the good oil on things,but let god knows how many undesirable white bucket mentality the good oil as well, its a no brainer....the majority of fishermen around are white bucket kill anything mentality.I see some numbnut wrote an article about Torrens Gorge trout in one of those mags....thats like telling 20,000 bogan s you dont know from a bar of soap ,go up there theres great fishing,there are just too many that dont do the right thing around to be blowing ones trumpet in the aid of a few "well done mate' ect.If you cant eat it kill it anyway...unfortunate.