Favourite Fish to Catch

What is your favourite species of fish to catch and why??Freshwater or saltwater, and also what is your preferred method of catching them, bait or lures?I will start it off with bream. I like catching them on bait, and I love the power to weight ratio. They are one of the best looking fish around in my opinion.I also love catching redfin on lure, because redfin fight just like a bream.Cheers,Steve

Actully I like catching them all :lol:

I tend to agree with that' date=' any fish is a good fish! ;) Preferred fishing method is land based with soft plastics. Favourite target is probably Bream, but always good to mix it up.A few photos of land based soft plastic caught fish, all local metro except the Snook. :) Bream from the Port[img']http://imageshack.us/a/img502/9424/109tv.jpg[/img]First Flattie on a SPPosted ImageOldie but still my PB metro SalmonPosted ImageFirst LB SP SnapperPosted ImagePB Snook from CoffinsPosted ImageYet to crack a Mulloway on a SP :( :silly:

Really appreciating the feedback on this thread. Different strokes, different folks.Cheers for your input, every fish you guys have mentioned gets me thinking. Each fish is fun in its own way.Murray Cod will be my next challenge over the next few months. I have been studying up on them intensely, coz its a fish I have only caught once before, and I don't know why, but I really like them.I just hope one day I can list it as my favourite fish to catch.Cheers,Steve

Mine has to be surf fishing for salmon. OOOHHHHH so much fun when they jump out of the water trying to shake the hooks and using the waves to their advantage trying to get away.Followed closely by flathead on soft plastics. Nothing better than walking around in the water exploring the sand holes and getting slammed by a nice lizard!