Stuffed Squid with Latholemono, Roasted Tomatoes and Greek Potatoes

Stuffed Squid with Latholemono, Roasted Tomatoes and Greek PotatoesDelicious Stuffed Squid recipe! (This is not my recipe!)h77962e6.jpgPicture- http://dressedandeaten.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/stuffed-squid-with-latholemono-roasted.htmlRecipe from Junior MasterchefIngredientsTomatoes1 packet vine ripened truss cherry tomatoes (I used non-truss cherry tomatoes)
Extra virgin olive oil to garnish

Greek lemon potatoes
250g potatoes, peeled and sliced2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 spring onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
¼ cup oregano leaves
1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped, plus extra for garnish

Squid
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 spring onions, finely chopped 
1 red capsicum, diced
½ cup fennel bulb, diced
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
Pinch chilli flakes
½ cup Kefalograveria or Gruyère cheese, diced
4 medium to large squid tubes, cleaned 

Latholemono (parsley dressing)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon Italian parsley, choppedMethod1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Place tomatoes on an oven tray lined with baking paper and drizzle with oil. Bake for 10 minutes or until the skin splits.2. Boil potatoes for five minutes in a saucepan of boiling, salted water. Remove and drain well.3. In a stick blender or food processor place olive oil, lemon juice, spring onion, garlic, oregano, parsley and pepper until processed. Toss potatoes with half the dressing in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. 4. Heat a grill pan over high heat and place potatoes in pan the. Cook the potatoes 3-5 minutes on each side or until cooked and golden. Place on a serving plate and sprinkle with the chopped parsley. 5. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium to high heat. Add spring onions, capsicum and fennel to the pan. Reduce to medium heat and sauté for five to seven minutes or until most of the liquid has gone and the vegetables have softened. Add smoked paprika and chilli flakes and season with salt and pepper. Cool slightly. Add cheese and mix well.6. Fill each squid tube to about 2/3 capacity. Secure with a toothpick to hold together so the filling doesn't fall out. 7. Season filled squid tubes with salt and pepper and lightly brush with oil. Heat the grill pan to medium-high heat. Char grill the stuffed for two to three minutes on both sides. 8. For the latholemono, place all ingredients into a small bowl and whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper and set aside. 9. To serve, slice squid tube, place potatoes and tomatoes on the side and drizzle with the latholemono.Original Recipes:http://dressedandeaten.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/stuffed-squid-with-latholemono-roasted.htmlandhttp://www.masterchef.com.au/recipes/grilled-stuffed-squid-hoods-with-latholemono-served-with-roasted-vine-ripened-tomatoes-and-greek-potatoes.htm(NOT MY RECIPES!!!)

Mmmmm looks good but.....Did you actually have a crack at this recipe.? And have you tried it ? Too hard for a hungry swuid connoisseur like me.Looks tasty but you could use them ingredients with tripe and flavour would be the same. ..Squid is seafood ..stuff it with same Tubes stuffed with blue swimmer crab meat ...celery .shallots garlic pepper n saltAnd any other left over fish fillets that dont make a feed Bit o chilli if ya want a bit o heat .Quick easy simple But yeah that would be tasty if you had the time and patience to do itCheers ...will try it when have a day free .

Mmmmm looks good but.....Did you actually have a crack at this recipe.? And have you tried it ? Too hard for a hungry swuid connoisseur like me.Looks tasty but you could use them ingredients with tripe and flavour would be the same. ..Squid is seafood ..stuff it with same Tubes stuffed with blue swimmer crab meat ...celery .shallots garlic pepper n saltAnd any other left over fish fillets that dont make a feed Bit o chilli if ya want a bit o heat .Quick easy simple But yeah that would be tasty if you had the time and patience to do itCheers ...will try it when have a day free .

I have tried making it and I can agree that it is hard work but it's worth a try! All the elements of the dish fit together and it is a delicious meal. A lot of work but worth it. ahahah :)