Snapper Reel under $100

Hey guys, so since it was my birthday yesterday, I managed to score a $50 BCF voucher :woohoo: I also managed to pick up 2 Riva 155 Armour 10kg 1 piece snapper rods off ebay. Now I know this isnt a reputable brand, but I paid $2.45 for 2 of them, and upon doing a little research I found they normally sell for about $35 each. They seem pretty stiff but strong enough. Now I'm in the market for a purpose built reel to tackle snapper landbased and in the yak. Since I'll be landbased some of the time, I'll need something capable of chucking big weights long distances, and capable of holding a decent amoutn of heavy line. I can spare about an extra 50 bucks to add to my voucher so I'm willing to spend up to about $100. If someone could offer a suggestion I'd be most grateful :)

I purchased one of these from BCF as my second reel in the 80 size for shark and mulloway.The 55 size is a good size for you unless you think the 80 might suite more.9kg drag.http://www.bcf.com.au/online-store/products/Okuma-Vecta-Spin-Reel-VT-55.aspx?pid=130988&menuFrom=30201&variant=true#Cross

got a baitrunner reel yet? If your gonna use it yakking a baitrunner makes it easier. they had okuma epix 40 baitfeeders for $99 dunno if they still have them at this price though. either that or a shimano 4000dl baitrunner would be ideal. i use the 2500dl baitrunner and caught the flathead and rugger on 10lb braid the photo i sent you B)

BCF Have these .... will stop a Snapper...Shimano Sedona Spin Reel - 4000FD $99.99 :whistle: :whistle:

This is the reel you want. Big drag, more than other 4000 size reels. 9kg drag. I have the 2500 size reel and is more than capable of landing big fish.Ray and annes have them for $89.00. BCF occasionally have them in combos for $99.00

+2 for Pauly, 20lb line on a 4000 reel is maximum you should fish. 20lb will get the job done with any skilled angler. unless you are fishing in 100 meters of water with reefs and other obstacles that wear away on your braid. Also allows you to put 200+ meters of line on the reel and 'play' with the fish more than skull drag it in.

Well I went into BCF with good with good intentions. I was looking at the Sedona 4000, and the guy came over and asked what I.was looking for. He recommend the Sedona, a daiwa, and the Goth all around the $99 mark. But then he said if want something a bit better quality then they had a good deal... Anyway I got talked into a Plfuger Salt combo. I ended up with a $160 Plfeuger Salt reel and a 7ft 8kg 1 piece Salt rod combo altogether for $129. So I basically got a free rod. And oh yeah, its spooled with 20lb BraidThoughts? Did I end up with a decent set up?

Well I went into BCF with good with good intentions. I was looking at the Sedona 4000' date=' and the guy came over and asked what I.was looking for. He recommend the Sedona, a daiwa, and the Goth all around the $99 mark. But then he said if want something a bit better quality then they had a good deal... Anyway I got talked into a Plfuger Salt combo. I ended up with a $160 Plfeuger Salt reel and a 7ft 8kg 1 piece Salt rod combo altogether for $129. So I basically got a free rod. And oh yeah, its spooled with 20lb BraidThoughts? Did I end up with a decent set up?[/quote']You spoke with the older guy with short blonde hair.... he is always plugging those salts. I hear they are good reels from other sources. And for $129 you cant go wrong.