Mulloway From Metro Jetties

Thanks netman ;) I've heard of them at north arm and outer harbour as such so why wouldn't they swim on the metropolitan coast :silly:

Tell ur old man to get a boat man or make Shen take you out :P. No doubt someone would have gotten them at some stage off metro beaches and jetties, but nothing good and big besides sharks at the right time and rays come from metro jetties now. And the occasional snapper of glenelg and porties in the right conditions

I was fishing the Garden Island jetty a few years ago and caught but didn't land an estimated 70-75cm mulloway on my bream gear.Wasn't expecting it and probably wouldn't recommend it as a prime mulloway spot, but you never know where or when they will turn up.And Garden Island is chockas with shitties, which is what I was using for bait when I caught it.I should go back there and fish one night again, but I get paranoid about my car getting pinched or damaged these days.Steve

have caught tiddlers from grange and port noarlunga jettys on bait whilst trying to catch live bait to target them in the onkaparinga and west lakes. :dry: I did live bait for them at grange on this occasion and got spooled by a ray it put an end to my mulloway hunt in the lake that night. :angry:

Got any pics mate.

One of my friends speared one under the Henley Jetty back in Dec 1973 (the day we finished our year 12 exams) As was said here, some big ones can be caught off the NH breakwater. One day I took my sons out there chasing salmon trout, there was a pile scales, the largest was a little bigger than a 20 cent piece, up on the rocks near the small beacon. Definitely mulloway scales!!