Dodge tide land based fishing

Reason we fish dodge tide as mulloway don't like being out in strong currents.We found the best catches near dusk going into night fishing where it's on a dodge.Or just getting to the top or bottom of the tide.These are the times hook up can be every 10 mins between the 3 of us.Once the warmer weather comes around we will be there every week till may.But before that we prep by catching squid off the jetties.

The 87lb'er in my avatar was caught on a dodge tide!! Not the best time to fish but you can still be successfull.

Morgan enough with your 87lber why dont you just marry that fish :clap:
I like to pat her good night every time i go to bed!! Any more than that and i think my wife will start to worry :laugh:

The 87lb'er in my avatar was caught on a dodge tide!! Not the best time to fish but you can still be successfull.

Morgan enough with your 87lber why dont you just marry that fish :clap:
I like to pat her good night every time i go to bed!! Any more than that and i think my wife will start to worry :laugh:
You aRe tAlKinG aBouT thE fiSH ?? :ohmy:

I've often thought that mulloway would bite well on the dodge, seeing that everyone reckons they like slack tide for feeding, good to hear some support for my theory.I've also wondered whether pelagics like salmon would be bothered by a dodge tide as they don't rely on tidal movement to bring them their food like ambush feeders, but instead go zooming around to catch their prey. That being said, I have noticed the salmon bite go cold at the top and bottom of the tide on more than a few occasions.So basically I have heaps of theories, but actually know very little. :laugh:

A strong westerly wind can often bring the baitfish in close which will bring the salmon in as well, but after too much wind it can get weeded out and the big surf stirs up the sand and irritates the fish's gills making them go away again. Also, depending on the size of the surf and the stage of the tide it can be hard to get close enough and get a lure into the gutter. It can certainly be a narrow window of opportunity, but I live a few minutes away so it's worth a go. As far as rain, it doesn't bother me and I don't think the fish care either.