Issues with logging in to S&H...

I use windows 7 and Chrome too. I found I have to Ctrl+F5 a few times before it works properly. If you need to keep on refreshing then your browser thinks you've logged out, the cookie it is loading is an old cookie. Logging out using the logout button and closing the browser should remove the cookie so a new cookie can be created next time you log in, this should also stop any invalid token errors you may receive.

I have this problem intermittently as well and usually completely clear my browser history' date=' cache, cookies etc and it goes away. I reckon it's a Chrome problem more than anything else as I tend to experience hiccups on other websites as well.[/quote']I have a samsung S4 that I access the site with - mainly. When using GOOGLE CHROME as the phones browser I constantly had issues.very frustrating. I had log in issues but even more annoying was writing lengthy posts then having them freeze up. Ive since dissabled chrome and no more issues. I understand thats not really an option if you are a chrome user on the PC. I just hope we haven't lost too many members due to these issues :(

It's the forum manufacturer/brand that's the problem.This forum is virtually dead only got a dozen people left on it.Not a windows/chrome problem as i can go any other forum and not have this problem,the longer it's left like this the more members lose interest in coming on with less topics to talk about.

Unfortunately I can't do much about browser compatibility with the forum, it lies with the developers as ausea said.There is an update that I will be implementing eventually. Due to past updates I am being very cautious about just installing and crossing my fingers so I'll be testing as much as I can before doing this update. It should fix a lot of problems, well fingers crossed it does.

I use SafariI have had a lot of problems logging in and staying logged in.It seems to be working well at present. No tech head here, so I am not sure why.However, it is the main reason that I do not visit this site much. ;) It took this prolonged spell of bad weather (no real fishing, more web fishing :) ) for me to try my luck back here again!Good luck with the upgrade! :) Cheers, Des

ausea, you said

It's the forum manufacturer/brand that's the problem.This forum is virtually dead only got a dozen people left on it.

Now, having logged on, I saw 45 members and 2462 guests online.My average observation seems to be about 30-60 members and 900-1200 guests.I am intrigued as to what may have been driving the assertions you make in both sentences... :) PS Dell laptop - Vista - Mozilla browser - no probs.

ausea' date=' you said

It's the forum manufacturer/brand that's the problem.This forum is virtually dead only got a dozen people left on it.

Now, having logged on, I saw 45 members and 2462 guests online.My average observation seems to be about 30-60 members and 900-1200 guests.I am intrigued as to what may have been driving the assertions you make in both sentences... :) PS Dell laptop - Vista - Mozilla browser - no probs.
Those figures you are looking at are incorrect

Logged on users is correct, guests includes search engine spiders etc so not all that accurate.I use Google Analytics for decent site stats and last month we had over 17,800 unique visitors. This doesn't include search engine spiders and doesn't include returning visitors. Considering the site get's a little slow over winter ever year and we've had login issues etc the stats are pretty good. You have to remember lots of people don't setup an account they just come here for info and members don't always login when they just want to view the posts.