Anyone know of a decent combo that will cost about 100 bucks?

The way I look at it you can get a cheap rod and reel for 100 but if you were to save an extra 100 you would be better off by far..The symetre's are going for $120 and are the best shimano reels for the money. 1000 size would be heaps for you if your chasing bream and Redfin.Motackle got the bushy lure legend rods for $79Starlo stix STP pro for $99 which are down from $129Or the samaki skitch for a $100 which are good rodsI know people have budgets and all that but every time I've skimped out Its always come back to f :c me

probly not wot u after but wot the hell...i personally use a j.walker 8'6 supertip2-4kg 3pce(which is very sensitive imo) with a sienna 1000...filled with 4lb braid...25$ rod..40-50$ for reel an 22$ in braid...only prob is it isnt graphite..but i can flik lil lures very equivalently to graphite an iv caught just under legal mullies..74cm..so iguess its a matter of own opinion but for under a100$ im happy..;).. :clap::fishing:

The catana/sienna combo would be perfect for what you intend to do, I reckon go the 2500 size, as it will allow for better casting distance (in general). Load the combo up with some decent braid (sunline super pe is a good one for the price), and you'll be Laughing! :P NickD :fishing:

can vouch for the aernos reel i have owned them all 1000, 2500 and 4000 sizes. have caught snapper, mullys, rays, proper salmon, bream, redfin, carp etc on them.I'd recommend the 1000 size if you want to flick lures. it comes with a 2-4kg rod so load it up with 4-6lb braid and your all set. ring your local store first to make sure they have them. i did sell a few over the weekend :silly: h3eaeb7d.jpg20lb carp on 2lb mono on a sp ;)hfb9ce4e.jpg

the 2-4kg graphite rods at k-mart with cork handles are actually decent. i think there jarvis walker but they are light and cast a mile and have strength to pull in legal mullys. about 30bux i've used my mates at the lake a few times and can cast a mile unweighted cubes of bait. very sensitive rods can feel every head shake and knock with them.