Tinny last weekend got us into double header ST's to @28cms on ANYTHING! A redfin Blade did the best just jigged up and down. Venison saw double headers and bungums caught as well ;) Just outside of the Mundoo channel saw the pro casting his net and absolutely hundreds of Cormorants, pelicans and terns going nuts :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

I think bradtaheny5 needs info on the BEACH side of the coorong not the coorong proper would I be correct in saying :huh:;) :cheer:

Point taken Jo tho' I'm not far off the mark as me and mate Matty waded up that way from Sugars and slammed them just as hard with Blades and small bar spoons just before dusk when they switched off!Just as many birds about as well?

oh beauty. sounds good. i went down about a month ago and caught 4 salmon. hadnt seen any schools so they must of just been stragglers. had a run just on high tide that peeled off a quarter of my spool pretty quickly. ive never caught a mulloway but they wouldnt do that would they? i'm starting to think it was a ray or something.

So you are actually fishing Salt creek then and not the Coorong ? I know the Coorong is right behind you but when your fishing off the beach it is more Goolwa beach to the mouth and then Salt creek to the mouth , which is the more productive side of the mouth but a hell of a drive back to get to the mouth . Most of the beach down that way does all right .

yeah will be fishing salt creek. crossing over onto the beach at 42 mile. we are venturing all the way up to the mouth this trip which should be interesting as none of the people im going with have done it before. theres enough beach for a couple of 4x4's to get all the way up there isnt there? or do we have to work the tides and belt up there at low tide?

So you are actually fishing Salt creek then and not the Coorong ? I know the Coorong is right behind you but when your fishing off the beach it is more Goolwa beach to the mouth and then Salt creek to the mouth ' date=' which is the more productive side of the mouth but a hell of a drive back to get to the mouth . Most of the beach down that way does all right .[/quote']Jimbo,Late last year a bunch of mates and me took the tinnies across the mouth while the Mulloway were running hot. We camped on that side overnight. Late afternoon was spent up to the armpits chucking lures into the channel about 200m out. We spent the night fishing the beach gutters and then real late we soaked some baits in the coorong. Next morning up before sunrise and chucking lures. We had wood, swags, esky's, food etc. It became fairly farcical as we watched heaps of blokes catching 20 lb mulloway on the Goolwa side from sunrise onwards. We scored a doughnut for all the effort. We stopped watching after counting the 20th catch. Its not always the opposite side to Goolwa that fishes well :laugh: Bugger.

I would try an work on a low tide but that being said the recent bout of bad weather would of changed the conditions down there , even from the weekend it will be different . You could try but be prepared not to make it . Be careful and aware of the track conditions and how much fuel you are using . We went up one day , not as far as the mouth and two days later with a bit of a swell and high tide the track had changed ? A 4x4 that got between the leading car and us rolled it of the track and onto it's roof . Good luck .

The last weekend in August is a dodge tide, Im fishing with Bradtaheny5 and was hoping to get hooked up when the First Make Tide begins from the Sunday morning, we are staying until Monday lunch time so that will give us at least 3 decent tides to fish. What are peoples thoughts on the best time to fish? I have always found prime time 2 hours before the incoming tide peaks (high) and about 90 minutes after. Im guessing the bigger feeders eg shark / mullies etc come out looking for baits mainly at night? Is it possible to hook a mully during the day?Would appreciate any feed back because its me that usually lands more fish than bradtaheny5!!

I've been about 45kms up from teatree crossing at saltcreek(looking for & catching sambos over 5kilos)that is pretty easy going for the most part, lower tyre pressures & keeping the camping gear to a minimum all helps. should be all good even at high water the beach close to the sandhills is raised a couple of metres. I proberbly would make it a convoy of 2 or more fourbys tho just for safty's sake.

The mullies are around already! Just not in big numbers :) I've heard it's been good at 42 lately' date=' so I went last night after work and got this one, went 23lb, 100cm long, I was chuffed!![attachment=15925']h765722e.jpg[/attachment]

Great work dylba, nice size mully whatd you catch it on? giving me a bit of hope to land my first one. as for tangles its 2 all mate. this trip will seperate the men from the women. bring it on. im just hoping hagenr001 catches something. he bought his new rod before easter and still hasnt landed a thing. any tips from you experienced coorong fisherman fire at him ahaha

This one took a fresh (human consumption grade) Pillie, but ive also got them on fresh mullet fillets and freshly caught salmon fillets too, I guess the bottom line is try to use as fresh as possible baits :) however I do always bring a bag of old bait as back up if need be, otherwise it becomes berley, hope this helps!Don't be scared to use a pair of 9/0 or 10/0 hooks buddy! this way if you do hook that big one you are a less risk of losing it mid-fight. Even soapies fit their gob over them hooks too :f

yeah, ive lost a few fish using 6/0 hooks, now I just go big with hook size and don't have too many troubles, I do the same with snapper in the boat too. and cant really remember, the adrenaline was going haha, I backed the drag off a bit when it got close in and didn't have a gaff so after all the stuffing around probably 10 minutes, caught it half hour after the peak of the low tide

coorong trip was a cracker gents.great weather down there and plenty of beach to drive on too.we caught a few undersize mullies but only one legal one. roughly 80cm.the salmon started to come through late on sunday but mainly on monday morning. no schools just a few stragglers. ended up landing 7 in the end. plenty of gummies knokcing about. we were catching and releasing in the end. total of 9 and two leopard/tiger sharks. little bastards have little teeth, had a couple of near misses. more then enough xxxx gold cans consumed over the weekend and great service from tangles. still a bit of rubbish left behind by other campers. saw one dead seal there saturday afternoon. cannot wait to hook into some fresh fish this week.over and out fellow s & H'rs and cheers for everyone that gave some tips along the way.

• 2 weeks later...