Immitation Pickled crayfish or Yabbies

An old bloke gave me this recipe years ago he recons it tastes like pickled lobster i recon it tastes a lot more like pickled Yabbies 1 Kg John Dory fillets 20ozs Pale malt viegar2 Tablespoons Honey! Tablespoon Salt1/2 (thats half) Teaspoon Cayanne pepper( can put more if you want a bit more of a kick but recommend you try this ammount first)mix vinegar, salt , honey and pepper together.cut fish into cubes(can be done while fish is still frozen). Put fish cubes into a container with a sealable lid and cover with vinegar mix.Put into fridge leave 48 Hours then attackYou could probably use another type of fish but the old bloke recommends John Doryand we all know that the old blokes know best.Hope you like it if you like yabbies pickled you will love it. ;)

Why go to all the trouble to make an excellent table fish taste like a cray? Crays are grossly over rated. Yabbies is yabbies and there aint nothin that compares with a nice feed of yabbies. Dory is an excellent grilling fish, on a par with flounder so why stuff around with it? Or perhaps you can't really cook!RogerG

Hey dont shoot the cook I only posted this recipe because crays are so expensive you just about have to take out a loan to buy some. I thought some one may like to give it a try. i think crays are over rated as well and I would rather eat Yabbies any day but as there is a distinct shortage of yabbies this is as close as i can get to a feed of them. If you dont like it dont try it simple. And by the way I am a very good Cook especially with seafood. :laugh:;)