Best Yellow Fin Bream from the Gold Coast

Here is a 1.2kg specimen from the Goldie. As a comparison to our local black bream of about the same size, this bad boy went for about 6 ball tearing runs in and around coral and oyster encrusted rocks. Every now and then i find one or two black bream that are a little more spirited and go a bit harder.. I thought it was all a load of b.s. that the yellows were just generally meaner and fought a lot harder. The fish look so different too, big bulgy eyes. They'll even poke their head out of the water to find their food. wild experience, so if any of you keen breammers get a chance to go catch e'm, i Highly reccomend it!! size=1600http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/tnGE0jtm__04112008.jpg[/img]

Nice looking fish mate.I wouldn't mind having a flick at them one day.Did you have to change techniques for the YF? I've heard one or two people say they are harder to catch than the blacks and they take a bit more coaxing.Might be a load of old rubbish, but seeing as you're holding one, I guess you are the man to ask.CheersGaff

lol, most of it was in peoples backyards, a lot of my fishing was around multimillion dollar cruisers with a personal helicopter parked next to it. Ya kinda feel bad when you slap your plastic into it to get nice and close and it makes a large 'TINK' when it hits the hull. Quite often the people would be out in their yard hear it look at you and just say hows it going buddy catching any.They are keen to take lures most of the time if you throw the right thing, but a lot of the fish in the cannals have seen em all and are a bit harder to coax out on a lure.

• 3 months later...

Nice size YF Bream there Coight. :DYou up there for long ???At least the locals up on the Goldcoast tolerate bream fisho's luring close to their boats/pontoons etc. :)Bit of mutual respect goes a long way ;)Congratulations once again , and i hope you get many more while your there. You lucky Bugger ;D