gooday guys, ok im sure its been done before but here we go.got some great razors today and would like to know how some of the members here deal with theres, now ive pickled them and there nice lice that but I like em crumbed and fried my self B) but am open to other ideas or would like to hear some variations n pickling recipies???? as there are heaps of variations, would also like to know how you guys prepare your razors, mine are shelled trimed soaked in salt water over night then soaked in rain/filtered water for another 24 hours until they swell right up.keen to here any feed back.......cheers.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cleaned on the boat, rinsed in seawater and eaten. In my opinion any thing else spoils them. However, for a variation, dip in some some soy sauce or a  soy based dipping sauce with ginger, garlic, spring onion and some sesame oil, or another variation is Japanese soy sauce and some wasabi paste.

Raw is the best way to eat razors, and by far the most tender.  

Whiting is also sensational straight from the water, sliced paper thin and dipped in any of the above sauces.

When I was lad before limits, at low tide out the front of our shack @ Pt Augusta Dad & I would pick a heap and take to mum on the beach to shell then we would go back out for a fish. By the time we arrived back for tea they were ready - raw with a variety of sauces. Any left mum would pickle for us to annoy work mates the next week while they ate vegemite sangas.

My vote is raw as you can lose the taste when pickled.