Fowlers Bay? Interesting - probably not one of the better-known YTKF hotspots' date=' I would have thought... :whistle:[/quote']I'm no expert, but as a diver I've seen schools of them in plenty of spots. The most common spot was underneath the old rapid bay jetty. There are plenty from coffin bay all the way westward. Probably the reason why nobody catches more here is the conditions. A bit different from Port Augusta. There have been a few comments about fishing here in the 12 ft smartwave ranging from "brave" all the way to "stupid" :silly:

shit me swinging Knackers that's a belter mate super impressive king ya needs ta do a write up on that beast man conditions,the fight, tha rig etc I would even include a picture of myself and tha bulge I woulda had in my pants from landing that thing and to do it all on ya own ...great effort :clap::clap: as for the people who'm said ya crazy just tell em ya drink stout :d/;) good luck for the rest of tha week mate cheers 4THA

Congrats mate!!! I wonder if there is a better fish in the ocean???Top effort- I do a lot of solo fishing and honestly mate you must have willed that fish into the boat haha cos I really doubt I could manage something like that... the wonders of adrenaline :) You hear stories of mums gaining super strength to protect their kids - ...and fisho's gaining super power to manhandle their catch over the gunwhales :):) :woohoo:

Archerfish - dunno where he caught it (bastard, our only ones have been the one and only time we`ve been to D`Entrecasteaux...and the biggest was three quarters of what`s in the photo!) but I could show you on Google Earth to within a metre of where the photo was taken. Does that help at all? :) Knackers - you utter, utter, utter sod! All those hours over the last few years spent trolling around the point, and whilst travelling from A to B - surface lures, divers...one hook-up (and immediate bust off) on something huge near the point being the score in the immediate environs to date...grrrr...But what else can one say, except :clap::clap::clap:

Just about to eat the fruits of my labours. Blue morwong and some abalone patties. Posted ImagePosted ImageManaged some tommies, snook, whiting, blue groper, school sharks, gummies, squid, salmon, nannies. And maybe just another king in my lucky red t-shirt :cheer: Posted ImageAnd here is the tummy contents. One small cuttlefish, a lonely Tommie and a pretty digested pilchard.Posted Image