Which snap lock are U using

decoy round snaps on the small stuff [bream, trout, redfin, whiting, squid]decoy egg snaps on the heavier stuffreason: they have a good breaking strain to size thing going on, they weigh next to nothing in the small sizes, they dont effect the action of the lures in my experience [unlike some others i have used], they're easy to clip and unclip to change over lures, they're relatively cheap compared to some on the market.all for hard body lure fishing, SPs get tied on directly to leader

Have been using the first without the snap lock. I guess just a barrel swivel tying my braid to leader. then just a rapala knot for my lures. I have only started using lures as have been a bait fisho only for 40yrs. So im curious. Does this mean that people are using snap locks to attach lures to leaders?

Have been using the first without the snap lock. I guess just a barrel swivel tying my braid to leader. then just a rapala knot for my lures. I have only started using lures as have been a bait fisho only for 40yrs. So im curious. Does this mean that people are using snap locks to attach lures to leaders?

Hi Damo' date='Try tying your main line direct to your leader using a double uni knot rather than using a swivel. A swivel may not be a huge issue, but it puts a little bit of weight in that section of the line and will slightly effect the action [depending on which species you are targeting this may not be the end of the world, ie salmon wont care, however bream may be spooked'].You can still tie directly to your lure using this method if you want, however a small lure clip [try for a decent quality brand; ie decoy or owner] just makes it easier to swap between lures and also means you may not have to retie leaders as often because its not going to be getting shorter as the day progresses. If you do use a lure slip i reccomend taking the split rings off of your lures tow point.

I tie loop knots either rapala knot or harrisons loop,takes 20 seconds of my time and at least i know i can trust it , had snaps give way before,well the 3rd one down anyway,imo opinion a loop knot gives lures a better action and isnt as conspicuous.But its probably more just me,always done it that way and stuck in my ways lol. B)