What else, apart from squid and cuttlefish have you caught on a squid jig?

The old boy has bought in a cuda before, but that was some time ago (also off the old Rapid bay jetty when the conveyor belts were still there).But at the beginning of the year, 2 of my mates and I went away on the boat and my mate must have jagged a resting or passing sting ray cos it went on a SCREEEEAMING run for about 80m until it straightened all the barbs on 1 side of the jag. Lets just say his face looked like a smacked a$$ cos he was like WTF hahahha.Was pretty surprised about that one also.

I remembered a recent event that had slipped my mind because i didn't win the fight :laugh: I was fishing two rods off both corners at the end of Brighton Jetty, one with a jig that i was working and one with a small jag and fresh Tommy.Old Italian Fred, regular on the jetty calls out that my rod is going off. The drag is screaming on the rod with the Tommy jag and i start to fight whatever is on the end. This outfit has a 4000 shimano and 15lb line. Fought hard for about 5min, line goes slack, bring up the jag, tommy gone and the jags spikes were all bent the other way. We reckoned it was a small bronzie at a guess.

I remembered a recent event that had slipped my mind because i didn't win the fight :laugh: I was fishing two rods off both corners at the end of Brighton Jetty' date=' one with a jig that i was working and one with a small jag and fresh Tommy.Old Italian Fred, regular on the jetty calls out that my rod is going off. The drag is screaming on the rod with the Tommy jag and i start to fight whatever is on the end. This outfit has a 4000 shimano and 15lb line. Fought hard for about 5min, line goes slack, bring up the jag, tommy gone and the jags spikes were all bent the other way. We reckoned it was a small bronzie at a guess.[/quote']That would of been exciting! I reckon it was a Port Jackson or a ray. But we will never know Lol. :silly:
I remembered a recent event that had slipped my mind because i didn't win the fight :laugh: I was fishing two rods off both corners at the end of Brighton Jetty' date=' one with a jig that i was working and one with a small jag and fresh Tommy.Old Italian Fred' date=' regular on the jetty calls out that my rod is going off. The drag is screaming on the rod with the Tommy jag and i start to fight whatever is on the end. This outfit has a 4000 shimano and 15lb line. Fought hard for about 5min, line goes slack, bring up the jag, tommy gone and the jags spikes were all bent the other way. We reckoned it was a small bronzie at a guess.[/quote'']That would of been exciting! I reckon it was a Port Jackson or a ray. But we will never know Lol. :silly:
I can comfortably say it was no Pt Jacko, but yes it could have been a ray. I have caught a gummy in the vicinity before.