beach fishing rigs

If i'm not casting out too far then it's a paternoster rigTrying to get to outer distance gutter it's a pulley rig

Second that and add, for smaller stuff like salmon with smaller baits I'll usually opt for a two hook paternoster, bigger fish and bigger baits the pulley rig.I have noticed some ready-made rigs in the shops but I've never been a fan of those personally, don't trust them, would rather tie rigs up myself.

:blink: hey ausea can I ask u what a pulley rig is..? ive never heard of it..i assume its like a running rig or...is it called another name..?? cheers avids :clap:

It's a clip down rig that makes the sinker and bait one streamlined mass so you can cast further. When it hits the water the bait is released from the sinker. It also allows for a small amount of running room for the fish and will keep your sinker up and away from the fish and the bottom when fighting.Do a google search, there are heaps of images and information out there about how to tie them, different variations, etc.
:blink: hey ausea can I ask u what a pulley rig is..? ive never heard of it..i assume its like a running rig or...is it called another name..?? cheers avids :clap:
It's a clip down rig that makes the sinker and bait one streamlined mass so you can cast further. When it hits the water the bait is released from the sinker. It also allows for a small amount of running room for the fish and will keep your sinker up and away from the fish and the bottom when fighting.Do a google search' date=' there are heaps of images and information out there about how to tie them' date=' different variations, etc.[/quote'']...hmmmm is it the rig where u tie a swivel to main line then apply a line thru that swivel..either end of the secondary line has hook on one end an sinker the other...??

But not so much for rough bottom fishing shown in this video but in getting casting distance,if using a fish as bait it puts the fish behind the lead weight and streamlines it through the air.Plus the bait won't be swirling around as it's flying and reducing distance.Oh just noticed Plankton had explainedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUBIMcwsi2Q

...hmmmm is it the rig where u tie a swivel to main line then apply a line thru that swivel..either end of the secondary line has hook on one end an sinker the other...??

That's the basics of it' date=' there's a few more little things involved like a couple beads to protect your knots and some sort of bait clip, either as part of the sinker or on it's own. There are heaps of images out there, but I like this one I found as someone obviously hand drew it.PulleyRig001.jpg