Dropper knot paternoster rig

hey fellas just wanting to know if this rig is good for casting long distances i found out how to tie up this rig on youtube but never have used it me and my cousin have got a trip to ardrossan later this year and i have seen snapper caught off the end of the jetty there the guy that was tying the the rig on youtube was using a snapper sinker so i assume it,s good for snapper just need to know if the rig im talking about is good for casting long distance cause you have to get a fairway out to catch them there cheers netman

A paternoster with short droppers to the hook will cast well. For longer distances I use a clipdown pulley rig. Rig small neat baits of squid strips or cube of gar or Tommie. If you can get a fresh salmon, they make great snapper bait.Snapper sinkers will cast fine. Rod and reel and line are just as important to casting distance as the rig.All spots fish differently. Most of the land based metro snapper spots require a good cast to reach the structure. Off Yorkes, some of the deeper jetties such as Wallaroo have deep water and structure straight down and you don't need to cast at all.

Kelvin's pretty well on the money there.If I wanna cast longer from beach or rock I use a pulley rig, you need to get yourself an impact sinker or breakaway imp to make one, but it's well worth the trouble for the casting distance!As far as i know, got one stepney sells the imps and most tackle stores should stock or be able to source impact grapnel sinkers, which are the norm in pulley rig making.General idea of the rig is that it "packages" the bait and sinker together for better aerodynamics, instead of having droppers that "helicopter" and flap about, costing you distance... Here's a short vid explaining their use:

Sorry I can't embed it here, site won't let me. :blush:
As far as i know' date=' got one stepney sells the imps and most tackle stores should stock or be able to source impact grapnel sinkers, which are the norm in pulley rig making.[/quote']Hey Shims, have you got any idea what they sell the IMPS for? Angler's Choice has them down here but they are expensive, I've found it cheaper to get them from overseas, but a good local source would be great. Also, in what shops have you seen impact grapnels?Thanks
As far as i know' date=' got one stepney sells the imps and most tackle stores should stock or be able to source impact grapnel sinkers' date=' which are the norm in pulley rig making.[/quote'']Hey Shims, have you got any idea what they sell the IMPS for? Angler's Choice has them down here but they are expensive, I've found it cheaper to get them from overseas, but a good local source would be great. Also, in what shops have you seen impact grapnels?Thanks
Sources for these items are pretty thin in SA Plankton, but for impact grapnels, here's a link to BCF for them:WA Impact SinkerHaven't personally used the impact grapnels, but a mate of mine swears by them and they do cast real nice!These "Breakaway Imps" are what I use and it's either ask at Got One Stepney, or order them off ebay; Don't know of any sources at this time unfortunately. They hit the wallet kinda hard at around $1.80 each but you can use any any wire terminated sinker you want with them, which is great for me since i almost exclusively use swivel bomb sinkers to reduce that alvey line twist.Here's a pic for ya:Posted ImageYou thread your sinker on and put the "paddle" back on, bait the hook and put it in the notch and cast;When the rig hits the water, the paddle is forced upwards, throwing the hook out of the notch. I've never had one fail to release the hook out yet, so it works great!Hope this helps!

Thanks for that ShimsMan, I already use the IMPS, I was just hoping for a cheaper local source, I reckon I'll continue to get them from overseas.Followed that link to the impact sinkers, at $9.50 for a 6oz sinker I think I'll stick with IMPS and regular grapnels, but thanks for posting anyway.Cheers

As far as i know' date=' got one stepney sells the imps and most tackle stores should stock or be able to source impact grapnel sinkers' date=' which are the norm in pulley rig making.[/quote'']Hey Shims, have you got any idea what they sell the IMPS for? Angler's Choice has them down here but they are expensive, I've found it cheaper to get them from overseas, but a good local source would be great. Also, in what shops have you seen impact grapnels?Thanks
Sources for these items are pretty thin in SA Plankton, but for impact grapnels, here's a link to BCF for them:WA Impact SinkerHaven't personally used the impact grapnels, but a mate of mine swears by them and they do cast real nice!These "Breakaway Imps" are what I use and it's either ask at Got One Stepney, or order them off ebay; Don't know of any sources at this time unfortunately. They hit the wallet kinda hard at around $1.80 each but you can use any any wire terminated sinker you want with them, which is great for me since i almost exclusively use swivel bomb sinkers to reduce that alvey line twist.Here's a pic for ya:Posted ImageYou thread your sinker on and put the "paddle" back on, bait the hook and put it in the notch and cast;When the rig hits the water, the paddle is forced upwards, throwing the hook out of the notch. I've never had one fail to release the hook out yet, so it works great!Hope this helps!
is that a snell knot tied up the top of the clip netman might be be mistaking but it looks like one