After having a decent fresh fly session on Sunday ( http://www.strikehook.com/forum/23-freshwater-fishing/256055-after-rain-fresh-fly-flick ) I got the opportunity to head back out to the same spot on Monday (should give been doing housework, don't tell my wife!).Ended up with a similar bag to the day before, with a rainbow and reddy coming to play. My mate also connected with a fiery brown however this spat the fly back into his face. I dropped the same rainbow not once but twice as well, once heading down stream with a wooly bugger, and one heading upstream on the nymph.... He will be mine at some stage.Both fish were caught on a hares ear nymph suspended under a dry.Enough talk, here's the pics (thanks to R Vozzo for the cool pics)Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Slaying the fish down there! It is certainly running a lot clearer than my local walk to.The nymph and dry' date=' do you just let them go with the current or twitch and squiggle to give it a little movement?[/quote']I usually atempt a drag free drift however a lot of the time I access from upstream and usually only get a quick drift before some line drag kicks in, however I have had some takes as the line stops the dry and the current 'lifts' the nymph
  • 5 weeks later...

hey Bream reaper....what size fly rod do you use for those small streams with lots of trees?.....Im thinking about getting a 3 wt around 7'8 - 8 foot but but sure if it will be to lightcheers

Perfect mate, could even go lighter. I have fished 3 and 4 weight, between 7'6" and 9 foot and I have no major issues with trees.