In the bay at Streaky Bay!

Howdy all,It is our annaul west coast jaunt to Streaky Bay for 5 days commencing this Friday. We drag the 560C Crusher over for a few trips outside to our usual KG spots and have also a crack on the beach for some salmon fun too. However checking the BOM site it looks like there could be some sloppy stuff on the way unfortunately. Can anyone help with any tips fishing in the shelter of Steaky Bay's bay itself even just to get some crabs or squid. Would be a bumma not to get the Crusher wet. Thanks folks.

Hi swoopa, Streaky is on our next away agenda & love the area.We normally fish out around the bushes out to Dashwood, depending on the wind direction you can fish the bushes , Eba Is & Pigface IsThe tyre reef isn't too far out either, 34.43.919, 134.14.814.Never fished the bay, I know you can catch a feed in the bay, even snapper.Goodluck Moggy B)

Hey swoopa,In the shallows i have caught plenty of flatties and salmon and when I say shallows i mean shallows ..... Calf deepIf i were you I'd have a meal at the pub and speak with Greg ( dont quote me only by memory) the owner and have a chatHe has always pointed me the right direction

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for your tips folks. We had a great weekend and whilst we decided not to take the boat due to the forecasted wind warnings we hit the salmon on most beaches we tried and the squid were willing on the Haslam jetty. Pic attached of some of the thumpers that we caught on the trip. Felt like hanging on to a road train! Great fun

Stu-Greg.JPG