Been getting more than my share of wind knots recently casting 2.5 and 3 sized squid jigs on 15lb braid. I am relatively diligent in keeping the line tight on the spool, but not happy with the current stuff I am using. Interested to know what brand of braid in the 10 - 15lb range you have settled on that is less inclined to miss behave.

Shims' date=' I tie a slim beauty normally for a leader knot onto 14lb hard rock fluro. Reel is a 2500 daiwa. Yozuri live or Daiwa Sephia jigs connected via a small egg type snap.[/quote']Beats me then... everything you're using is pretty good quality!Some of the stiffer braids might resist line twist and throw less knots, but i'm not aware of what brands though.Hopefully someone with good knowledge on the subject will chime in!Best of luck mate.

Fin's braid is the best I've had.. Neva knots and cast very wellGo 8 - 10 lb tho it casts better and I've lifted big snook, squid and stuff up onto jettys with the 6lb so you'll be plenty heavy with 10lbI always tie slim beauty so don't stress bout thatJust I case always run the Lind between your fingers to get it tight on the spool every now and then, hopefully your keeping it tight by smashing squid ;)

The only time I have ever had wind knots is with FINS braid.Terrible stuff. It doesn't slide over itself very easily on the spool and grabs the line underneath it pulling big birds nests out. Pauly S' date='Seem like FINS might have some quality control issues if you don't have problems?[/quote'] Could be the lb line, can bet my balls the 15lb> is great ive neva spooled it on my bigger reels so not sure bout there heavier line

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, lots of good tips. One of the challenges in experimenting with new products is that sometimes you get a lemon. The old adage of sticking with what you know applies and I have gone back to the tried and tested brands that have always worked for me: light braids up to about 8lb - original fireline or TD sensor, 10 - 15lb power pro and Tufline for anything 20lb and over.