Wilson Heavy Surf Rod!

I'm looking at selling off the trophy Live Fibre 10.5' and getting myself a Wilson Supergraph.Anyone know much about these rods? The live Fibre is a great rod, but my style of fishing has changed and it's time for something heavier. The rod looks the business and well made like all of the Wilson rods, but i'm unsure of the cast weight; rod is the heavy surf 12' low mount model and is based on the MT8144/2C blank.Anyone have any experience with these rods or the blank itself? I would be looking at casting about 4-6oz or so but want to know if it's up to the job, the wilson site doesn't really give any specs so I'm stumped!Any help would be appreciated guys, thanks in advance! B)

personally...with an 8144 I wouldn't chuck any more than 6oz max........5120 or ideally heavier for an 8oz lead ....otherwise you wont get any distance.

Thanks toney,Will take the jump and get the 8144, 6oz should be more than enough for what i'm doing but if not, I can just use a grapnel.The real challenge now is to find some grapnels with wires that won't rust when you wag some salted samboys at them. :blink:
Hey Shimsman' date='I have the supergraph you are referring to, from memory marked "Heavy Surf 12 ft". I don't like it very much, feels too soft, doesn't handle heavy weights at all. I am used to fast action rods though.[/quote']Thanks for the heads up knackers,would you take a rod based on the regular 8144 over the 8144/2C then?