Hey All…..Lets Talk Whiting..I live in South Australia and summer time is the time to chase YFW on our metro beaches i know they can be hard enough to catch with bait so i have set myself the task of landing a few on Fly.So when ever the weather is calm with no wind and waves I'm out there searching for schools of these fish in the shallows off the beach and wading.The other day i was walking along the beach and there was a big school and they were moving up and down the beach it was the biggest school i have seen and they were active which was good as i thought they are feeding…. I quickly worked out that casting into the middle of school they just were not interested….even on the edge of the school i would get a few follows and thats it….so i got ahead of them and put the fly in the path they were swimming…as i thought they where close enough strip strip strip and i got one…. was awesome so see them, put the fly in the right spot and hook up!…this is the best looking fly that i have not sure why but it just looks like whiting should eat it…..the whiting would have been 37-38 cms easy.http://www.aussieangler.com.au/images/d ... 2/9542.jpgI have used all different gotcha flies in gold pink white…size 16 red trout midge…..bms…..I haven't tried worms yet but i have a few brown sam juan worms to try.Another thing is these fish just seem to be slowly cursing in the shallow warm water not being very active so i wonder if they are feeding at all….. they are easy to spot and i can get quite close as well….i have hooked mullet salmon trout and flathead all small whilst trying to get these cruising yellowfin to fire up at the fly.Guess I'm just after tips….flies…techniques…..idea's?….im using a 8 wt now with a sinking clear tip line…..i use 5 lb fluorocarbon tippet.To be honest I'm not sure if its the flies or just the fish are not feeding at all?Anyways it has been a challenge but after hooking the a good size one i just need to do it again! cheers look forward to hearing from other peeps that chase YFW on fly.(i posted this on another forum thats why i said I'm in south Australia at the start) B)