Crabbing At Port Augusta.

Hi AllI'm new to this site and find it very interesting. :clap: I have been told you can catch big crabs at the power house at Port Augusta. All I have read about it say you have to have a boat, can you crab from the shore anywhere near the power house if so how do you get there, if you cant where is the best place to crab at Port Augusta or Port Pirie.Thanks.

You can get crabs from the wharf at Pt Pirie and also the jetty at Pt Germein using your nets.There is also a wharf at Pt Augusta where the shopping centre is so that might also be worth a shot, Ive never tried there but I lived at Pirie for years so I know the first 2 spots are good.cheerssnapps

Hi crab welcome to the site. If your after the big blue swimmers without a boat in pt augusta head over to the shacks and go raking for em at low tide . There are heaps of around at the moment , and be sure to take a saddle cause they're all horses!! . I went a month ago out the front of my shack and caught 30 monsters in just over an hour. If your working at the power house you can see the shacks on the other side of the gulf. They're only a ten minute drive from pa town centre.

If youre in pirie id try the wharf behind the seafood shop caputo's, this time of year u should do fine and if the weather is a bit average u have ur car paked only metres away, when on kingie trips I have stopped there quite a few times and don't think ive missed even if only a few there generally nice sized specimens! With a small rod u are also guaranteed to get some trumpeters or tommies for some fresh bait as there prolific in that area .Goodluck love the crab