West Lakes Permit

Darn it Ranger that makes too much sense.I was just starting to get excited at the thought of telling people to F Off. ;DIn all honesty personally I only fish the public access areas,that probably explains my lean results,along with 90% of the people who fish them.It pretty much does seem that on all the fishing forums including this one about 99% of the reports about some wicked landbased capture ect all seem to have pics of someones fence or pontoon ect in the backround.Maybe thats one of the reasons some are getting annoyed,theyve been told to move on,how many that fish the public areas get told to move on,none I bet.Cheers 8)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get on great with the locals where i fish, got offered scones not long ago ;D ;D and just last week rescued a budgie from the lakes edge for a very nice couple there. I always am POLITE and RESPECTFUL and am always willing for a chat and i have had no problems ;) 8)Sambothe Inlet is another story >:(

Darn it Ranger that makes too much sense.I was just starting to get excited at the thought of telling people to F Off. ;DIn all honesty personally I only fish the public access areas,that probably explains my lean results,along with 90% of the people who fish them.It pretty much does seem that on all the fishing forums including this one about 99% of the reports about some wicked landbased capture ect all seem to have pics of someones fence or pontoon ect in the backround.Maybe thats one of the reasons some are getting annoyed,theyve been told to move on,how many that fish the public areas get told to move on,none I bet.Cheers 8)

Off topic but in answer to your post .I am not sure how you fish .But I have watched many lure guys from here and other sites clean up in the public access areas.And i get the odd Bream and ST myself on the flyBUTits to do with persevering and to keep plugging away .It takes hours and hours some days and others you can get a fish on your first cast .You really don't need to fish near peoples homes/pontoons .Many fish when the weather is warm enough can be taken not far from the shore in and around seaweed beds . Of course not all will be legal length and that leads onto the other topic of undersized fish ;) ;D

If ya in ya yak u can fish anywere ya like,they dont own the water!!No one does!!So if a resident confronts u just keep ya traps shut and keep fishing!Same with pontoons, if trespassing signs are posted ,dont use it, but if it has a public path next to it then just fish it from the bank or ask them if you can use it first.Unfortunatly all of us combined isnt enough to be heard, when in council decisions, their rate paying customers will always come first.Just dont give em a reason to complain in the first place thats all!! P.s. Bring on a realistic priced fishing lisence state wide to weed out those problem fishers from the scene and fund rec.fishing projects!!Just my view on it!!

I personally take the nice approach first,but if I get a mouth full of abuse,I politely tell them to go and F**K THEMSELFS...The residents should remember that they don't own the water-way...As long as you don't cause any property damage or leave ya rubbish,then the residents should not have a problem with ya... If so just politely give them the finger,and move on to the next pontoon.... ;D ;D

I gotta say people here in s.a.are as backwards as you could possibly get.. protecting their pittiful pissweak waterfront property and pontoon....SAD!As a lot of you would know i just got back from the gold coast A.B.T. when i was greeted even when smashing my heavy jig heads into the 2 million dollar plus boats.... ummm ships??? with their helicopter parked on the pontoon next to it..."how ya going mate, catching any??"People here need to get real and take a fkn hard look at themselves.. and just mabee.. mabee if they had a look at the way the rest of the country lives(especially the well to do) they might relise that they are not as shit hot as they might like to think they are.I have spoken to a few guys who seem to have all the money in our poor little state... i simply threw my hands in the air "why the hell do you live here" youv'e got the coin... if i had it id get the hell out.Sorry to hijack the topic folks. as far as a licence goes im all for it if thats what it takes to get these tools off our backs. hey i might even go for a fish down there! it would be nice to be able to walk from pontoon to pontoon having a flick without the hasstle of some prick having a go at ya or getting the council onto you.I'd get out of this backward state as soon as possible if i didnt have work commitments and all of my mates here.anyhows... My 2c worth.

I gotta say people here in s.a.are as backwards as you could possibly get.. protecting their pittiful pissweak waterfront property and pontoon....SAD!As a lot of you would know i just got back from the gold coast A.B.T. when i was greeted even when smashing my heavy jig heads into the 2 million dollar plus boats.... ummm ships??? with their helicopter parked on the pontoon next to it..."how ya going mate, catching any??"People here need to get real and take a fkn hard look at themselves.. and just mabee.. mabee if they had a look at the way the rest of the country lives(especially the well to do) they might relise that they are not as shit hot as they might like to think they are.I have spoken to a few guys who seem to have all the money in our poor little state... i simply threw my hands in the air "why the hell do you live here" youv'e got the coin... if i had it id get the hell out.Sorry to hijack the topic folks. as far as a licence goes im all for it if thats what it takes to get these tools off our backs. hey i might even go for a fish down there! it would be nice to be able to walk from pontoon to pontoon having a flick without the hasstle of some prick having a go at ya or getting the council onto you.I'd get out of this backward state as soon as possible if i didnt have work commitments and all of my mates here.anyhows... My 2c worth.

Yep gotta agree there,in many ways this place is a precious little shithole of the highest order.

I had an interesting chat with a resident the other night and he seemed like a pretty good bloke at first :D, then he gave me a wink and asked me if i,d like to come up to his unit and have a cold beer....i declined his offer as i didn,t want to find myself trussed up in his cupboard with a fractured date. :icon_eek: cheers brenton

I had an interesting chat with a resident the other night and he seemed like a pretty good bloke at first :D, then he gave me a wink and asked me if i,d like to come up to his unit and have a cold beer....i declined his offer as i didn,t want to find myself trussed up in his cupboard with a fractured date. :icon_eek: cheers brenton

Hahahah Must of seen how much fun you were havin twitchin ya hard body and felt left out :icon_lol:

That defo gives a new meaning to the phrase "I"m a sucker for a cold beer!" :o :o :o :police:
Guest Butters

yeh man im wiv ya s ayeverytime i go there fishen and havin a few brews i get in troublei hate them residents this bloke came out screamin at me and the missusbecause we were fishin off his pontoonwith the kids and me cousin dazza s familyi said he could still come on after we finished the barbybe he would nt be part of any of iti even offered him a chop

What a jerk breamzy.. and ya even offered him a Chop.. here have a karma point back for atleast trying to be friends with the residents!!

Permit my arse,its a free country and i,ll fish where ever i can,you can bet if baitfishing was banned at the lake the rest of us being banned wouldn,t be far behind.I try to be friendly too any residents i meet and haven,t yet had a problem...then again i reckon some people are less likely to say something to me than they would a couple of pimply faced scruffy young lads. ;D ;D :P cheers brenton

hey brenton, wat are you trying to say bout pimply faced scruffy young lads mate?? ive got every right to fish were you do mate.. :thumb:but i bet id out fish you anyway, no matter were i go, even a puddle mate!!

HA!classic......... :icon_lol: To all the "Pimply Faced Scruffy Young Lads" who fish West Lakes. I suggest u carry protection such as a "Baseball Bat" or "Gaff!", and if Brentons new friend grabs it off ya, I suggest ya carry extra thick condoms for backup!!!! :police: Its never the hot rich single chick that tries to get ya pissed, so they can get laid and then kick ya out like a piece of rather satisfied meat!! ??? ??? UNLESS!! that could be another good topic to post"have ya ever SCORED fishing around West Lakes!!" and I don't mean PB's on SP's either!!!

Permit my arse,its a free country and i,ll fish where ever i can,you can bet if baitfishing was banned at the lake the rest of us being banned wouldn,t be far behind.I try to be friendly too any residents i meet and haven,t yet had a problem...then again i reckon some people are less likely to say something to me than they would a couple of pimply faced scruffy young lads. ;D ;D :P cheers brenton

hey brenton, wat are you trying to say bout pimply faced scruffy young lads mate?? ive got every right to fish were you do mate.. :thumb:but i bet id out fish you anyway, no matter were i go, even a puddle mate!!
Keep your hair on young fella and read my post again also don,t presume you know everthing there is to know about fishing, it will help make you even better than you reckon you are. cheers brenton

Hey SideShow I reckon Brenton was saying someone is more likely to tell a lad to rack off than a middleaged fella with a beard!He's not a bad bloke. You will notice that generally older fellas will have less troubles fishing around westlakes. Young bucks always have to prove they're not causing trouble because people assume that they do, while often older blokes will get the benefit of the doubt.PS. I'm Keen to see the fish off! :fishing: Vs :fishing: .fishswim. .fishswim.

hey i new wat you were sayin, i just wanted a bit of fun,i dnt kno evryfin but im always learning wen it comes to fishing dont doubt that. i just dnt get tha pimply faced bit cuz im not, i guess that musta been u back in tha days?? :icon_lol:anyway you wanna have that fish off???? im keen for some competition.have a good 1.sideshow ;)

hey i new wat you were sayin, i just wanted a bit of fun,i dnt kno evryfin but im always learning wen it comes to fishing dont doubt that. i just dnt get tha pimply faced bit cuz im not, i guess that musta been u back in tha days?? :icon_lol:anyway you wanna have that fish off???? im keen for some competition.have a good 1.sideshow ;)

I,ll be there Sideshow especially if its at the lake,no getting tips from Brooksey though as he,s far to arsey and probably could pull a fish from a puddle.. ;D ;D We fish together though because if your that good i might learn some good tips about the place ;):fishing: cheers brenton cheers brenton