where to fish mt gambier

I spend a little time down that way from time to time seeing the relatives.The little blue lake has reddies, lots of small ones as well.Nelson River is nice but can get populated by danglers over the Xmas break.Piccinini Ponds is a camp site plus freshwater sink hole, the beach outlet often has mullet and salmon trout. I have seen solid Mulloway, schoolies and gummies caught here.The Break wall at Pt Macdonnell is a little difficult to fish but I have caught KG Whiting, Gar and the usual rock species. The jetty will hold KG Whiting as well, as well at times lots of mackerel and tommies.Blackfellow caves is a great spot for Bream, Mullet, Whiting.Carpenters Rocks (lighthouse beach side) will hold salmon, mullet and ST's. then on the shallow beach Gar can be found.That's all I can think off from the top of my head. Check out Craig's reports (from Spot On Mt Gambier) - http://www.spotonfishing.com.au/craigs-fishing-report-mount-gambier.html

If you want to fish the glenelg river landbased without a vic licence, then go to donovans landing in SA, the turn off is 5 minutes before you get to nelson.Be sure not to eat reddies out of little blue this time of year as they could make you very ill, (polluted water)Theres also 10-20lb mud monsters in valley lake if your interested, burley them into the shallows with chicken pellets.Squid off pt mac jetty have been consistent this season aswell!cheers

If you want to fish the glenelg river landbased without a vic licence' date=' then go to donovans landing in SA, the turn off is 5 minutes before you get to nelson.[b']Be sure not to eat reddies out of little blue this time of year as they could make you very ill[/b], (polluted water)Theres also 10-20lb mud monsters in valley lake if your interested, burley them into the shallows with chicken pellets.Squid off pt mac jetty have been consistent this season aswell!cheers

The polluted water is a valid point. We did "try them" when we caught them, they were soapy in flavour.I forgot about the Valley lake.