SNOOK OFF GLENELG JETTY!

As you all know, my new target was snook... First day targeting them, I caught 2!!! :clap: We went at sunset and caught 2 squid straight away. After those 2 squid, the bite had gone down. But I started getting a few hits on the little sp so I persisted. I saw some snook rising from the deep and them BANG! I saw a snook hit the lure! I landed it just as it spat the lure on the jetty. Pew... that was lucky :ohmy: P1070322.JPGMY FIRST EVER SNOOK!!! :headbang: Later on after the sun had set, I had one massive hit on the sp lure and this was a BIG FISH! It didn't take up much of a fight considering I had locked drag. I managed to land it on the jetty. I was so excited! I measured it and it was 64cm on the dot! P1070338.JPGP1070339.JPGWOW! I WAS SHOCKED... :woohoo: First day targeting my new species and sucess! This big snook had a scar on it's tail which I think might be from another snook or a shark? :blink:P1070347.JPGWe ended the day with a nice feed. P1070343.JPG :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

nice 1 alex' date=' cfr & I hooked up last week doing a spot of trawling around the blocks[attachment=16964']289.JPG[/attachment]plenty out there B)

@Savagelip: Hmmm... I reckon I saw you out there Savagelip! Well done. :clap: What was the size of the biggest?@Like a Sturgeon: I reckon I could! Easy as pie. Just need a little help getting it in... :whistle: :silly: @trihull: Cheers heaps, I sure will keep up the reports. I might even make a youtube video for this? ;)
Top notch report Alex!I really like the idea of youtube links.I would rather watch you catching fish than put up with the red cordial rush of IFish.Out of interest mate' date=' what's your next target species??[/quote']Thank you so much Tinker! Hmmm... I've caught bream before but never a bream on a lure!!! I reckon my next target is a bream on a lure. I'm gonna give it a shot at west lakes maybe this weekend! ;)
well done mate' date='great fun isnt it! what size jig head were you using? Get most of mine on bait but got 3 recently on sp's,both pretty exciting.Monkey[/quote']Cheers, it was great fun! I caught em on a 1/16 ounce jighead. It only retrieved along the surface from the jetty so I would go a 1/8 ounce jighead.