how to straighten bent rods?

Gday all...hope everybody had a wonderful chrissy an even better new years..;)Ok back to main topic..now im sure im not the only one with this problem..s. So i v left a couple rods rigged up from a big fish trip..took me a couple days to tidy an put everything away..anyhows iv gone to use my rods again an now i hav a permanent bend in my rods...top sections So has anybody got anyways to straighten them bak out again..tried layin flat on floor an hav Tried to bend back the opposite way but it doesnt seem to work well..any suggestions much appreciated..cheers avids

unless the bend is affecting your casts or fighting fish i'd leave it to be honest.You don't want to weaken the resin by trying to reset it with heat, the directionality of the rod comes from the weave of the cloth and rod blanks are often bent opposite the spine slightly to start with, if it were bent in the opposite direction of the spine or laterally i'd start worrying then.If you really must, leaving the rod in the sun with the bend facing up might correct it somewhat; heat gun will possibly cook the resin if you're not very very careful and will weaken the rod if it gets a hot spot (rods are baked in an oven to set them for a reason, not spot heated with a gun.)if it's a very pricey rod and you absolutely have to have it straight as a die, give ross or rob a call and see if anything can be done.

:clap: nice one.. Cheers lads its only 25$ nibble tip rod.. Far from speshall..still it aint perfect so im not happy...bein the nibble tip bit on an 8 half foot rod with the very end bent..doesnt look gd lol.. :blink: stil im thinkn the sun idea myself considering thats how it started in first place...im thinkn maybe hang it upright of sum string thing an a very small weight on other end to pull the bend out an hang that in sun..??Well cheers again guys an any more ideas all welcome.. :headbang: Cheers avids