cheers, had an iter 30 running 15kg set up with half a snook on 10 and 8ft of 150lb nylon coated wire 1oold wind on and bimini, was set up from earlier whilst crabbing and had just set up at a new spot.seen him swimming through the slick at the back of the boat and called him for about 3ft! drifeted the bait back and he was straight on it, knew he was a good fish as soon as the hook bit :cheer: . 8 inch flyer and some nice scrates to the side of the boat finished the deal after about a 15 min fight(might of been a bit hard on him with the inter) stoked!

Awesome Hammer.They go hard on the right tackle and they run amok at boat side and can be a handful if not tired out.Killer fish and a cracker size aswell.Did u get weight?.Did u release or you going to eat.I release the ones I get but apparently a tasty fish.About time a good thread was put up.Cheers

cheers man, I reckon he was 50kg plus was really well conditioned, yeh very surprised at his fight on that tackle, being the first he was kept, smoked some today and had fish and chips for dinner, very nice passed a bit around the family as well none wasted. only normally eat small sharks up to 4 ft.and def agree been to quiet round here for too long, we've got a great forum here guy's lets support it!!!