good all rounder boat/ jetty rod and reel...

Hey all, after many years of trying i am starting to get my friends and their families into fishing, and it is awesome.. however there is a problem. The kids have had Christmas presents in the form of life jackets and cheap rod reel combos and they are now sorted. However the adults need some gear, the main place we stay at has some old gear they can use and i always take any rods and reels i have that can be used. But its time for them to get their own stuff. So what do you recommend in the way of a reasonably priced boat/ jetty fishing rod reel combo.. were not looking for any monsters of anything flash just some good stuff. Please help me out as its starting to cost me coin.cheers sam.

What is the max that you could spend? If you have a small budget u could go to big w as they usually have a descent shimano combo that includes line and a pack of sp's. But if you want something more expensive it really comes down to your personal preference. My first jetty combo was a cheap Abu Garcia muscle tip 3-6kg rod paired with a Abu Garcia cardinal and 10 line. Caught plenty of fish and squid on that! Good luck hope you find something!

Mate I'll say go an Ugly Stik or Silstar in the 7 ft length, good for boat and jetty. They are good starting out gear and will last. When it comes to reels, buy the best you can afford. I say approximately $150 max per head will get each person started nicely. That is reasonable. If you go too cheap you buy twice i guarantee it.

Yeah I have thought about the handling thing... And I won't be buying the rods and reels just looking to point them in the right direction and since I normally buy a rod or reel for a specific type of fishing I don't know what's put there in the all rounder spec stuff... I'll have a look at the recommendations for sure... Cheers sam

Get them to pop in and see the guys @ sport fishing scene @ Cavan or if down Yorkes' date=' Compleat Angler @ Wallaroo or Moonta they will get something to match your budget/s and also advice on the area you intend to fish as mentioned get the best reel you can afford cheers 4THA[/quote']I second that 4THA, I take a few of my mates or family down to Sports Fishing Scene to sort out their needs verses how much they want to spend. Always a favorable outcome :(
Hey all' date=' after many years of trying i am starting to get my friends and their families into fishing, and it is awesome.. however there is a problem. The kids have had Christmas presents in the form of life jackets and cheap rod reel combos and they are now sorted. However the adults need some gear, the main place we stay at has some old gear they can use and i always take any rods and reels i have that can be used. But its time for them to get their own stuff. So what do you recommend in the way of a reasonably priced boat/ jetty fishing rod reel combo.. were not looking for any monsters of anything flash just some good stuff. Please help me out as its starting to cost me coin.cheers sam.[/quote']I personally do not use these but the ET combos you get from Big W would be fine, my mate loves them for his tinny and young lads as they are indestructible and affordable at around 70-80 for a rod and reel with line. They also have some other entry level shimano equipment and Jarvis Walker tackle in there. I would stick to solid glass rods whilst they learn about handling tackle.All the best