Trout & Redfin rod

Gday guys,I have just placed an order for a 6' 10" Daiwa generation black "itchy twitchy" rod that is rated at 1.5-3kg.. Reel is a daiwa aird 2000 with 6lb braid.Will be used for trout and reddies, with the occasional carp thrown in. whats everyones thoughts on this rod?? or is there better value for the $150-$200 bracket.thanks in advance, alex.

Wicked Combo, The Dawia Aird Is a wicked reel, I got one at Christmas. I also have a Dawia Procaster 1-3kg, it was 6ft but now is about 5' 7" as I had a snapped tip. This works really well and your combo would be more than sufficient, casting in some places may be a little tricky though. If in tight creeks and rivers I find a stiff tip is better for faster line recovery and keeping the fished head turned.

id personally go for a smaller reel like a 1000 size.... i have a 1-3kg rod and its 7' no dramas at all with casting accuracy tight spaces etc... mind you my combo cost me over $600but Id go for a 6'6-7' 1-3kg rod with a 1000 size reel like the aird or similar and then some good 4lb braid...

Well i ended up getting the itchy twitchy 2 and its awesome!! gave it a massive work out on some carp over the weekend and it held up great.. Super light, great feel, very progressive and the alconite guide rings are silky smooth. Now im thinking of getting another generation black whitting rod (2-5kg) :)