Hey Dingo51, welcome to S&H. KG Killa is a great whiting rod, good long butt for sticking the rod under your arm. Well suited to a 2500 size real. I also have a Bushy Bait Legend "go to" rod, also by Shimano. Couple of inches longer, with a shorter butt. I use the Go to with circle hooks and leave it in a rod holder and fish the KG Killa in hand with long shank bait holder hooks. Both rods have more than enough power for whiting, and have also landed ruggers up to a couple of kilos.

The green Gomoku rod, the Keiryo, would also make a very good whiting rod. I have the red one which is the next size up. The green model would be slight over kill for the average KGW, but would deal with any bigger by catch that might jump on, whilst still being light enough for the job. Parabolic action but enough stiffness to set hooks and matches smaller 2500 sized reals nicely. Another $60 over the Bushy and KG Killa, but still affordable and would suit a wider range of situations and species. Definitely worth a look.