Crusty Garlic Squid Rolls

Ingredients1 Loaf of bred3 Frozen Squid2 or 3 cloves of garlic and Butter 6 Cold beers.Method1. Open beer and drink.2. Start with a loaf of FRESH bred and cut the crusts off, feed crusts to the dog.3. Then with a rolling pin roll the bred as flat and thin as you can get it.4. Take you squid tubes out of the freezer and put them in the blender frozen, It chops the squid up better if still frozen.5. Open beer and drink.6. Get some fresh garlic and either crush it or finely chop it and then mix with butter.7. Spread the garlic butter on the bred.8. Place a thin covering of squid on the bred and garlic butter.9. Roll the bred and squid up squeezing the ends so they stay together.10. Put the completed rolls into the deep fryer until golden.11. Open a beer and eat the rolls with any dipping sauce of your choice.12. Finish off with a beer.

Well I gotta say, what a great simple recipe.The YoBBeTTe and I thoroughly enjoyed it, Thanks crusty.We tried soy sauce, sweet chili, peanut and plum dipping sauces and I was amazed that we both found the soy to bring the flavour of the squid out the most. I do wish that I added a lil bit of salt & pepper to the mix, but I will next time , and I assure you there we be a next time.I highly recommend this to all of you, and I reckon it would be alright with minced prawns too. ;)Thanks again oh crusty one, bloody delicious m8.

what beer is best :icon_lol: :icon_lol: ;) dont say cold :P

There are only 2 types of beer.1. Good beer.2. Great beer.Jewie, I reckon you could put in whatever ya want like crusty said.The only thing you need to watch is that the mix isnt too thick, or they wont roll up.The rolled bread works a treat, crispy on the outside.
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...