St Kilda to OH channel fishing!

Thats the cutting mate and its good fishing in the winter theres tonnes of salmon trout running thru there also flatties bream odd mullie and sometimes gar its definantly worth a few hours fishing mate and I normally just pull up in the middle in a deeper hole and anchor sideways then flick around everywere in there hope this helps anything else ya wanna know just ask might be able to help ya mate

Sounds really good punisher!I'm mostly a bait fisho but i'd have some confidence with plastics out there of all places! I've got some zman grubs, some clear green sparkle kokoda swimbaits, blades and topwater divers to try out still!If i was going with baits, i'd probably use unweighted pillies for ST's and worms or gents for the smaller stuff; hopefully will do the trick!Also, how likely am i to see sharks in the cutting?

Zman grubs in motor oil colour are amazing with bait id go unweighted whitebait the bream will also smash that aswell as flatties get a nice berley slick goin on the surface just oil bread crumbs bitta old bait in a mix up then get that goin and you will see the salmon attack the surface and ya can sight cast at em its great fun

From the PIRSA site:"The Port River Mud Cockle fishery has been closed to all commercial and recreational fishing activity since 1 July 2011 due to ongoing concerns about the sustainability of fish stocks.The fishing closure has been extended until 30 June 2014"Pretty sure there's no closure on Razorfish though, it should, in theory, be a very good whiting ground though; much like the flats just south of st kilda channel.Posted Image