Shimano 6500 baitrunner

Hi guys,Quick question, i have an old school Shimano 6500 baitrunner in very good condition. Been used 4 or 5 times since my father purchased it a number of years ago. I have just put on brand new 50lb powerpro braid.Question is, what are these reels worth on the second hand market?? and is it something i could move relatively fast ??Any input welcome. Thanks.

Alot of people do like the old Baitrunners, i think you'd be able to get $100 for it if it is in good condition. Depending how old it is, the old ones were made in Japan, then they started making them in malaysia AFAIK. (it will say on the back of the reel, the part that goes in the reel seat of the rod).Supposedly the Japanese baitrunners were the best quality, so if it is Japanese it will be more likely to get $100 or even more. That being said i own a Malaysian made 6500 baitrunner and it is great. The newer baitrunner models are designed to handle braid, the older ones aren't. I haven't used braid on mine so i can't say whether you'll have problems with using braid on it.

Pretty sure that's the newer Baitrunner B' date=' not the older A model. They sell for $160, 170 new. Pretty nice reel, have one myself. I'd put it up for $90-115 depending on condition.[/quote']It looks like the B - series. Check the Spool. if it has "6500" its the A - series, if it has "6500B" its the B - series.These are the good strong surf reals. l'll give you $100.00 for it.Simples.

Just had a look mate and the spool says "6500" so it must be an A series.. like i said my dad bought it years ago and never went surf fishing and ive only used it a couple times so its in really good condition.Cheers.

No worries. All the B indicates is that it is balanced, the A series wasn't. This meant the handle spun until it found its lowest point... not ideal for a baitrunner system that engages when the handle spins.