Tiger Shark Caught and Kept

I posted this under the story on the adelaide snapper and fishing facebook page and i stand by it. People are cracking the shits with this guy catching and keeping a species when is legally allowed to do so on the one hand yet the WA government has issued a kill order on Great Whites Sharks, a protected species WORLDWIDE, because a few people were attacked by sharks over a number of years whilst they were entering their territory, primarily surfers which look like a Great White's natural prey.I'm not necessarily condoning him killing the Tiger shark but he is legally allowed to do so, what he does morally is up to him at the end of the day.If u want to get upset about needless shark slaughter then direct it towards the senseless culling of Great Whites, in my opinion brought about mainly by the media playing on peoples fear of sharks, particularly Great White sharks.My two cents worth.

If one is silly enough to proudly and publicly boast the slaughter of a big tiger shark on social media then he shall suffer the consequences.

Fair enough Nanman but I dispute your terminology somewhat.'Silly' only because the social media dim wits are unable to be rational about it. Now that is the really silly aspect.'Slaughter' is that really the best term? Its not an act of genocide or destructive overfishing.

If one is silly enough to proudly and publicly boast the slaughter of a big tiger shark on social media then he shall suffer the consequences.

Fair enough Nanman but I dispute your terminology somewhat.'Silly' only because the social media dim wits are unable to be rational about it. Now that is the really silly aspect.'Slaughter' is that really the best term? Its not an act of genocide or destructive overfishing.
Thats true TB perhaps the term "slaughter" was a bit melodramatic!! :laugh: Social media is what it is though therefore its important for recreational fishers to consider whether their photos would likely be considered to be in poor taste by the masses before posting them up for all to see.

Thats true TB perhaps the term "slaughter" was a bit melodramatic!! :laugh: Social media is what it is though therefore its important for recreational fishers to consider whether their photos would likely be considered to be in poor taste by the masses before posting them up for all to see.
I read a few comments about shark attacks on facebook the other day. Peeps saying "we need to protect the swimmers" etc. If they actually looked at statistics they would understand that in OZ it's mainly abalone divers, surfers and spear fishers who get bitten. Swimmers die in bigger numbers from rip tides, large undertow from swell, head clashes with boards and rocks etc....'spacial meedja' should be avoided surrounding far more than fishing captures.TB:)