Fishing in the Onkaparinga???

Hi Guys just looking for some advice with fishing in the onk,I have been to a few spots and seem to only ever catch bream, which is fine, but I only ever seem to get them near the mouth of the onk. I have heard a lot of people getting mulloway but have never had any luck with this so just wondering what people suggest doing in order to bring one in?I have been to Perrys Bend at dawn and didnt get a bite using prawns, tommys and pilchards. If you have any suggestions about location, time, bait ect I am all ears :)Thanks-Digits22

Complaining about catching bream? Try going for a six hour session and only catching tiny salmon trout :clap: I'm just joking! By the sounds of it you have got the location right, but maybe dusk coinciding with a high tide would be best? I'm not exactly too sure because I havnt caught one yet myself... :boot: My suggestion is to go down to Perry's bend at dusk with some Frozen pilchards/tommies put them on one rod and then fish for live bait with the other rod (mullet/salmon). From what I have heard live bait always yields the best results!It's the perfect time for some mullet ATM so good luck! :headbang:

haha def not complaining, even the undersized bream put up a nice fight, I have just heard heaps of people catching mullys and I havent so just thought I would see what else I can do, I will try dusk though see how that goes with some live baitIs there anything else I can expect to catch in the onka this time of year or is it mainly the mullys and bream?

PLENTY of mullet around this time of year as well as some salmon trout and flathead close to the mouth. May I ask where abouts you fish to only catch bream? :blink: Bream are kind of a rare catch for me as I will most likely get smashed by a baby st before a bream even gets the chance...

If you want bream try around old noarlunga... look for snags and structure... always a chance of a mully too

PLENTY of mullet around this time of year as well as some salmon trout and flathead close to the mouth. May I ask where abouts you fish to only catch bream? :blink: Bream are kind of a rare catch for me as I will most likely get smashed by a baby st before a bream even gets the chance...

near the mouth, on a moving tide so either in or out has worked best for me with bream, dont go of the bridge that gets you to the beach, go a bit further up stream and burley up and you should get a few legal size ones :)

I was down there in the yak today just flicking soft plastics. Those baby ST's are absolutely prolific. They were taking trolling lures longer than what they were themselves. I did manage to catch plenty of decent size bream though and we saw some good sized flathead a lot closer to the mouth. First time on the onk and enjoyed it very much.

All i can suggest is , fish the Onk and while you are there , learn and take note . It is a funny river to fish and might take a while to figure it out . Dont forget livies have to be of legal size to use and dont wory about the size of the livie as this will get you the bigger fish . Search on here and some extra info will come up . I will hopefully be doing guided tours soon and could help you get onto that Mully . Good luck