I was down at the shack around rogues point on the Yorke Peninsula over the weekend chasing fish on the sand flats on the turn of the tide. We spotted a big fish scoot by as we were crabbing in a foot of water through the weeds and everyone thought it was a KGW (which would be highly unlikely in that particular area/depth). Half an hour later after pumping some clickers I threw out a line and was just reeling it in to check the bait when bang - this same horse of a fish absolutely smashed the clicker bait. It was great fun on the 2-4kg graphite with 1000 sienna reel and 4lb braid and it put up a good fight and was a great way to start the weekend. We only realised it was a yellow-fin once I had it safely on the sand and it measured 42cm and was seriously fat - even the old timers down that way couldn't believe it. The only downside is that the fillets definitely were not as sweet and tender as a 30cm specimen. I don't think I will beat that size for a long time.

Photo18-01-201443622pm.jpg

Photo18-01-201443704pm.jpg

I was down at the shack around rogues point on the Yorke Peninsula over the weekend chasing fish on the sand flats on the turn of the tide. We spotted a big fish scoot by as we were crabbing in a foot of water through the weeds and everyone thought it was a KGW (which would be highly unlikely in that particular area/depth). Half an hour later after pumping some clickers I threw out a line and was just reeling it in to check the bait when bang - this same horse of a fish absolutely smashed the clicker bait. It was great fun on the 2-4kg graphite with 1000 sienna reel and 4lb braid and it put up a good fight and was a great way to start the weekend. We only realised it was a yellow-fin once I had it safely on the sand and it measured 42cm and was seriously fat - even the old timers down that way couldn't believe it. The only downside is that the fillets definitely were not as sweet and tender as a 30cm specimen. I don't think I will beat that size for a long time.

great spot the old Rogues point my Auntie and Uncle live there, love the place my p.b is from the same beach @ 48cm and you do get legal kg's there as well, same day I got my p.b I had a bronzie take a Y/Fin off my line right at my feet, first time I walked on water I reckon, i shat myself Kevin from compleat Angler @ Moonta said there has been quite a few being caught off the beach this season top effort well done cheers 4THA