When reels say they will hold 180m 8lb, 160 10lb and 135 12lb what does it mean? I have always assumed these were mono ratings, but lines are very variable. I have .33 8 pound lines and .25 10 pound lines with another spool of 10 at .32mm. Spooling up my Dawia Aird 2500/3000 with 10lb Bite Motion and some 15lb-20lb Tuffline or Super Pe and have no idea what they will hold or how much backing to put on the reel.If any body can help clear up the "standard" lb-Diameter ratio that dawia uses or how much of either line I could fit on each spool it would be appreciated. Thanks, Fished Out.

The capacities are based on an average diameter for each line (mono) and are usually fairly accurate. If you look at a company's website they sometimes give some capacities for braid as well. I have found that whatever lb test the reel will take 200yd of, it will hold 300yd of the same lb test in braid, so most 2500 reels hold about 200yd of 6 lb mono and will therefore take 300yd of 6lb braid.