What have you smoked lately?

Dusted off the old fish smoker recently and turned out a pile of tuna off cuts and scraps along with the belly flaps which the kids demolished before any had time to cool down, and it got me thinking what other fish I have smoked. So far I have done salmon, tommies, mullet, snapper and snook and Callop which were all delicious. Tried some Redfin fillets which were a fail, but that's it. I use redgum (grabbed a massive bag from a local furniture maker) and mix it with hickory and or a few other over the counter packs of various wood types.Question is, what other types of fish, sharks, rays, oysters, squid etc have you successfully smoked, and are there any tips or techniques in getting the process right?

Salmon, tommies, snook any kind of oily fish are great smoking!!ever tried squid?! I did once and it turned out bloody beautiful! tube and tenticles yummo!!I normally just sprinkle a good amount of brown sugar and salt on the fish flesh and wait until all the sugar has soaked in then put in the smoker. normally do it twice if there is a good amount of fish or the fillets are too thick.Smoked snook is one of my favourites! will probably never let another snook go they taste that good!

As well as fish, tomato, pumpkin and all sorts of meat. Pumpkin is great. Hot smoke for 2 to 3 hours, then scoop the flesh out and mash.'For my Chinese New Year meal last night I put in a couple of kilo of chicken wings, a 1.5kg pork belly and a 2kg duck. Marinade overnight, then in the smoker at low heat for 3 hours, then finished the pork belly and duck in the oven at 240 for a crisp skin.

I just encouraged my mate to get a hark thankfully they sold out of the gas & I kicked in the extra to get the electric smoker :clap: Only used it Australia day did baby squid, tuna, lamb loin chops, pork ribs & eggs :blink: Tuna heads hot smoked have amazing flavour & lots of meat :lol: Look forward to cold smoking some mackerel & tuna10 hr prime rare steak :lol: Triple smoked oysters B):headbang: Shame it took hours to do 25 doz :whistle: but sooooooo tasty I like a lot less salt in the brine as I don't need extra shelf life as mates inhale them