New Bream Rod?

Alright fellow S&Hers,I am in the market for a new bream rod as I unfortunately broke the tip off my Mexican Raider the other night. It was a 1-4kg, two piece rod that I used for everything from tommies and gar, up to school mulloway and ruggers on plastics. Primarily it was used for throwing lures and used in my kayak as well as landbased. My budget is around $200 and I have a sourced a few rods but not sure on which one to choose.- Ecooda Crank Shaft EC-S702UL- Samaki Allure SA-662SXL- Samaki C-12 702SXL- Daiwa Air Edge 692LS- Shimano Jungle Stix JS662LSPAll these rods are between $100-200, either 1-3 or 1-4kg and are two piece. Just wondering if any fellow Strike Hookers use any of these rods or can recommend another suitable rod.

On the band wagon' date=' but the Diawa generation Blacks look mint. Not the type of rod for brutes like me , but they look , feel and priced great!!Those white rods with the funny names look ok to, come in pink, green and blue grips ( weight dependant)?[/quote']you mean the Gomoku rods Ale ? Moggy and myself sat through a speech from Lubin Pfeiffer (Rapala) @ BCF a month back and he was using one to catch his snapper on lures gomoku.jpggomoku1-400x600.jpgthese rods look and feel awesome but are for jigging big fish not that you couldn't use it for bream but the action aint suited for flicking sps hb's around I like tha Samaki rods K-man and prefer one piece'ers personally :) cheers 4THA

Thanks for the input Ale and 4THA,I have seen those Gomuku rods for micro-jigging, not my scene but they look pretty rad. Did have a quick squizz at those Daiwa Gen blacks Ale, not bad rods for the price. Itchy Twitchy looks within my required specs, 1.5-3kg. 4THA, why one piece rods? Is there much of a difference between one and two piece rods in terms of performance?

Hey Kuerschie, I can't comment on those Samaki's you've mentioned, but I use the 4-8lb 2pc Skitch Nano and I have found it to be an awesome rod especially for the price of $89.99. I was always a Shimano guy but after comparing to my previous Shimano rod in the same price bracket I would take the Samaki hands down. I absolutely love it! I believe the Ecooda rods are made by the same mob too.I also have the 7'2 4-10kg Junglestix (not for bream) and to me it is average, feels like a cheap rod, I think youd be going backwards going from a Raider to a Junglestix if the lighter rods are of the same quality as mine.I'd love to try one of those Air Edge rods out, but since I haven't I'd have to recommend the Samaki C-12 Good Luck!

Thanks for the input Ale and 4THA' date='I have seen those Gomuku rods for micro-jigging, not my scene but they look pretty rad. Did have a quick squizz at those Daiwa Gen blacks Ale, not bad rods for the price. Itchy Twitchy looks within my required specs, 1.5-3kg. 4THA, why one piece rods? Is there much of a difference between one and two piece rods in terms of performance?[/quote']90% of my rods are one piece mate all though my t-curves are classed as 2 piece as it joins into the butt just a personal feel thing for finessing lures mate, I had a berkley im6 2 piece and purchased a strudwick sik stik pro 1 pce not sure if it was a mental thing but it felt so much better to cast and flick the tip with I also feel the rods action when hooked up is better having the arc through the whole 1 length piece and not broken into sections of different arcs :blink::blink: hope that helps cheers 4THA

I have a Dawia Pro cast Im 6 rod and she is sweet, probably too short for breaming though. Plefuger Trions, Berkely Dropshots and Raiders are meant to be the best value for money rods out their. How do people find the gen blacks with micro guides? I was looking at getting the pinstir but I would want to be able to run 20lb and maybe even 30lb traces through it sometimes.

On the band wagon' date=' but the Diawa generation Blacks look mint. Not the type of rod for brutes like me , but they look , feel and priced great!!Those white rods with the funny names look ok to, come in pink, green and blue grips ( weight dependant)?[/quote']I picked up a gomoku Friday night and took it out Sunday. Matched it with a 2500 fj stradic felt nice and held a 3oz decent bait no worries

How do people find the gen blacks with micro guides? I was looking at getting the pinstir but I would want to be able to run 20lb and maybe even 30lb traces through it sometimes.

The biggest I've run on mine is 10lb using a slim beauty, it makes noise occasionally going through the guides and I reckon I loose a bit off my casts but generally works fine. I don't think you'd be able to get away with 20 and definitely not 30.

Seems like the Daiwa Generation Blacks are a very reputable rod with lots of members having one or more. Looks like I'll be shopping around through the sponsors to find one to hold before I buy. I think the Itchy Twitchy is the one for me with 1.5-3kg just about perfect for me to target bream, trout, yellowfin, etc on lures.

Bugger, they sound like great rods but when I fish for toothys or around hard reef/Pylons I like to be able to go to a nice long heavy leader, even if the fish are just 2-3kg trevs.I wouldn't hesitate to get a gen black in any of the lighter few models but the Micro guides have put me off, would make wicked bream, trout and ST sticks though.

@ ale; "Still getting the little bronzies whilst wading the flats Des?!" They are around most days.Dangling a keeper bag full of fish brings them in.Bleed some ST in a keeper bag and they are a certainty. Fun on light gear. Just need to have some ganged hooks on wire trace ready to use when they show.Cast out & draw it past their nose! All very entertaining on light YFW gear.Cheers, Des