Repair waders ???

Any one have any idea on the best adhesive to use to repair waders or other suggestions ??I recently purchased a new pair and have hacked them up already with small tears in seveal spots on the lower legs. They came with spare material but no instructions on mending or adhesive.Can anyone help ??Cheers in advance

Gday PeeliPeeli,Cheers for the info. The old boy had had a pair of these for a while and recently had his repaired through the shop again.I had a go at repairing them today and will be testing them tomorrow so fingers crossed other wise I might invest in a new pair. I like the fact the do the oyster waders as well with blundstone boots. Should last a few years !!

Well repairs went well which saw me walking away from hours in the water with only a damp sock from a pin hole I can't find somewhere( I can live with that ;))Cheers again for the info guysPeeli: where I was fishing, one foul step in the reeds and i'm over my head, may be a PFD isn't such a bad idea ;)

jagger sound good for the wadders ,I was only jokeing about PFD :icon_e_wink: .it hapenen to me in july wearing chestwaders in a shallow lake up here while yabbying.fortunatly no real danger as i was well away from the river chanel,but i stepped in what we call crabholes and went down to my sholders.freezig cold and wind blowing lucky mate had a fire going for the billy so i could dry off.worst part that day No Yabbies cheers peelipeeli 13

i cant speak highly enough of A.S. HORNE WADERS.... i bought a set of there cheaper brands, that lasted a total of 8 days, before a large hole devoloped in the butt....through the tackle shop i bought them from they were returned, and I upgraded at a small cost to REAL horne waders....only to have the boot let go 3 weeks later, it split on the seam....back to hornes again, and new boots fitted at no cost...these lasted 6mths, and split again in the same spot....returned again and new boots of a different design fitted....tried them on an all night fishing trip last night and they dry.HORNE DO NOT MAKE THE BOOTS, they are sourced from outside.......ITS NICE IN THIS DAY AN AGE TO ACTUALLY FIND A COMPANY THAT STANDS BY THEIR PRODUCT AS MUCH AS A.S. HORNE DO.....very refreshing to find.

I have a pair of hornes to and while they haven't had a great deal of use they are still completely waterproof after almost 10 years. I don't use them much because most of the time using waders freaks me out. You see guys using them down salt creek and places like that wading out into the swell you just wanna go and slap them. If its too cold to wear boardies and i need to get wet normally just go for the wetsuit. At least I'm confident in swimming in that. Down salt creek you'd be sucked along the beach quicker than I think anyone could swim.

I have a pair of hornes to and while they haven't had a great deal of use they are still completely waterproof after almost 10 years. I don't use them much because most of the time using waders freaks me out. You see guys using them down salt creek and places like that wading out into the swell you just wanna go and slap them. If its too cold to wear boardies and i need to get wet normally just go for the wetsuit. At least I'm confident in swimming in that. Down salt creek you'd be sucked along the beach quicker than I think anyone could swim.

i know exactly what you mean.... i onlt fish the rocks these days, i find it more fun and more of a challenge.anyone can catch a snapper in a boat if you know where to go...its not that hard.(famous last words.... :icon_lol:)but the rocks, EVERYTHING is against you... the tide, wind, waves, sharp rocks weed picking up line and taking it sideways.etc etc....so i wear my waders at least 3 times a week...VERY rarely do i go above knee hight,and even THEN im amased with the ammount of pressure on my legs the waders give. some bad rips out there.WILL NEVER USE THEM ON A SURF BEACH... have seen a bloke go under about 30mtrs away wearing waders at sheringa, he was very lucky when he got dumped, the big wave pushed him up the shore, until he managed to sort of crawl out with the help of his fish buddy.shudder to think what may have been. bloke i work with also got slipped on the rocks once. he said he just tipped up end with feet in the air from trapped air.... he also lucky as he was able to use his hands on the rocks to claw himself up.take car folks....NO FISH IS WORTH A LIFE.