1/8 jigheads

gday allhave been using tt lures tournament series jigheads which have generally performed well until crunch time,im fishing light 2kg braid 5 kg leader,been having problems with hook straightening and hook snapages costing me a couple of queenfish lately at landing on the beach :c :c :c ,with golden trevally mainly guilty for the straightening.any info/leads to an 1/8 bullethead jighead with a no.1 hook with balls would be fantasticfeel free to reply mr ballscheers fellastime to go see if i can land one of the queenie :c s this time

Size 1 tournament jigs are made with 'fine wire' hooks... so realistically they are designed for bream and trout fishing. This is your problem straight up. Size 1 is probably also a bit small for queenfish and golden trevally anyway.I'd upgrade to 2/0 for a start, and try out the TT headlocks jigs, they are pretty tough. Have had no issues with snapper and mulloway in a range of sizes of jigheads from the range. Another option in the TT range would be the "extremem HEad hunter" jigheads which are made with tougher hooks. eg 2/0XH as the size code.the headhunter jigs are better value for money also IMO.

cheers fellas thankyous for the repliesyep shore based in broomei would prefer to stick to ones,more chance on flathead or whatever,blows me out what this braid can handle it was supposed to be 2kg finns,found a pack of 1/0 head hunters hiding in my mix,no broken hooks lately but no sizeable queenies either,slight hook warpage from the gts,dunno about using 2/0s on an 80 mm minnow,to much hook?there is bugger all selection of light gear in the shops here,makes life a bit frustrating