Why do you Fish?

Why do you fish and what makes it enjoyable for you? For me it's a way to get back to nature. After the busyness of the week, there's nothing better than going to a quiet spot with a mate and casting a line. It's just me, them, the fish, the water and the fresh air. You don't have to worry or think about anything else, you just take in the fresh air, chat about anything and reel in a few fish. A bag of chips from the local fish and chip joint and a loaf of bread for lunch. It's simple and relaxing.So, what is it that keeps pulling you out to the water to cast a line?

To catch fish. Seems an obvious thing to say but it is simply that for me at the moment. It was not always the case, it used to be a way of doing something with my late grandfather, something we both enjoyed. However now it is to catch fish, obviously I enjoy catching fish, but that is why I am fishing. If I catch fish it is a good trip, if I do not catch fish it is a failure of a trip.

I mainly fish because I LOVE to eat fish!it might seem a little bad but if the fish is of legal size it very rarely goes back unless it's a fish that doesn't freeze well.or i have got steak for tea Plus nothing better than sitting on a beach having a couple of :d/ and watching the waves and enjoying the serenity. it's when its like this that i don't really care if i don't catch a fish!

Basically,a simple way to relax,that you can make as complex as you like.Whether you want to laze an afternoon away on the river bank with a handline and a few beers,or go on a charter for 3 or 4 days chasing the big'uns..............it's all fishing.That's why I fish.............plus,I'm a crap golfer ;)

I mainly fish because I LOVE to eat fish!it might seem a little bad but if the fish is of legal size it very rarely goes back unless it's a fish that doesn't freeze well.or i have got steak for tea !

Nothing bad at all about that, infact its one of the main reasons i fish, apart from the pure enjoyment, i love a feed of fresh fish, caught by me. You know your getting the freshest possible,and you do the fish justice in knowing that you have looked after it as soon as it leaves the water.Most of us dont get a good feed everytime, so savour the days you do, and dont feel any guilt if your doing the right thing.One thing that makes me feel bad or guilty, is buying some fillets from a fish factory, and supporting an unsustainable enterprise.